Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Something Big

Started by CocaineJesus [2129012] on in Suggestions.

4 replies · 41 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
2
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
CocaineJesus [2129012]
I've always felt flying, in and of itself, always lacked... Something? Yeah, we can rehab in the Switz Ritz or take pop shots at rhinos in Africa, but doesn't that feel so limiting for those accustomed to the chaos of the Torn lifestyle? Where's the arson? The masks genocide? The Dirty Bombs or Faction Wars? Where's that Torn style madness we've all grown to thrive in?

What I'm about to suggest would probably take a massive amount of time from the Torn staff, and it isn't anything I would expect to see in the next 5 years, but I think travel needs an overhaul. I'm thinking City style game play (crimes, gym, markets, map, etc.) in each country, with each country having their own versions of stores such as Bits and Bobs.

You could stock up on booze and Bill's and Bo's for your hidden Mountain Fortress you pay over 500k upkeep a day on, tucked away gently in the Switzerland Alps. You could get busted for arsony and sentenced to jail in the distant lands of Dubai, where crimes are punished more harshly and jail times are longer with higher bonds.

As I said, this would be a massive undertaking, essentially cloning the entirety of Torn for each country, and modifying each clone to match said country, but I think it would offer amazing game play value in the long term.

Thank you for reading! I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions, and I hope this post helps someone out somehow! Have a wonderful night :)
Elizabeth [2339829]
So good news and bad news.

Good news is, travel is getting an update! It's already been confirmed that travel 2.0 is in development and that it will be changing quite a few things!

Bad news, it almost definitely won't include things like overseas properties, crimes, gyms, etc. I can't say for sure, but I can say that it's fairly unlikely. The primary reason is because, well, this is TORN City, not Torn Worldwide. The vast majority of the game and its core elements like crimes and gyms are not likely to leave Torn City anytime soon, if ever. That's not to say they won't, I just think it's fairly safe to say that Torn City content will mostly be in Torn City. As for adding more content (enough to warrant a map for each country), well, I don't think this is a bad idea, but there's going to have to be a balance there. As mentioned, adding a bunch of core gameplay content overseas is relatively unlikely, so it limits you to either niche things or things that don't fit in Torn City. But you also can't be adding so much that people spend more time overseas than in Torn City (again, core content and all). Something like adding a map for the sake of finding items while you're overseas, now that's something I could get behind and could reasonably see happening. Adding racing tracks overseas has been suggested before, and I think it's just an incredible idea. Racing isn't a huge part of the game, but it is a cool pastime, and it makes good sense that other countries would have varying types of tracks (I think it's safe to say a Tokyo Drift track would be f**kin wild).

Anyways, you get the idea. Yes, travel is getting an update! Though I can't say for sure if it's going to be an overhaul change to the system, I can say it is definitely happening.
Penetration [2340613]
In other bad news we won't see travel 2.0 for quite a while I imagine.

More good news! We will probably see a crimes update first. At least if dev logs are to be believed.
Penetration [2340613]
Fairly confident but no one can be sure.

Note, in the last 10 years this is the first time crimes 2.0 has actually been listed in weekly dev logs. Still no travel in there.