Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dark Mode

Started by lap [2566437] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 358 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
31
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

lap [2566437]
I've been going back and forth between dark mode for some time now(weird, i know) Anyway, I've noticed it still in the beta stage. And my question is: Why? Why is it still in it's beta stage? Huh???

As my philosophy professor once asked me, "Why?" I now ask TORN, why?

edit: I'm not saying dark mode is bad or it should go. I am saying I think that it has run for enough time for them(devs) to correct all issues with dark mode. It should be in its alpha stage by now.
2297154 [2297154]
a few things still aren't done.

Faction page if you don't have a faction is still bright white in dark mode, it's nearly there though :D My eyes like torn a little bit more for it.
cookdandbombd [2450557] Reporter
Forum emojis need some work too, shame that the ability to use standard emjois - i.e. the ones available on everyone's phone etc - was so short-lived.

Dark mode is great though, I wavered back and forth myself for a while, but when you go back to that default white, it's just a blistering assault on your eyes at first Dark mode is particularly great for phone players, given the proximity of the screen to your face.
Orb [2434389]
I don’t know why , but i am still light mode fanboy, dunno, dark mode just doesn't fit torn to my mind. But everyone has their own preferences:)
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
I'll use dark mode when they fix the attack/send mail/cash buttons on people's profiles. Until then, shitlords and shitladies, I shall be burning out my retinas
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
no, because torn is UK based and the UK doesn't sue people for stupid things that the end user could avoid.

This is not legal advice
lap [2566437]
I'm not saying dark mode is bad(and yes, all glory to the dark gods), I am saying that it shouldn't still be in its beta stage, haven't devs had enough time for it to be done and dusted?
RoninRaven [606826]
Why would it go to alpha? Sounds like you think it should be finished. Taking it to alpha would be a step backwards.....
Alpha is a private group of testers, testing...
Beta is usually open to all, or a specific list, but still testing and requests any bugs to be reported...
Then complete release...

Could be like fortnite or PubG being in beta for over a year, though they called it early release, that's just fancy way to say you're paying to be the beta tester