Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Flying SUCKS

Started by BaronVonDude [2169790] on in General Discussion.

120 replies · 2.59k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 121 / 121 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
121
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
81 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

BaronVonDude [2169790]
Yep, gonna say it...

Flying SUCKS, seriously!!

If you disagree, im willing to bet you have a paper clip collection and enjoy playing with stamps or linking envelopes for a hobby. (While muching Weet-bix)
I know its been said but im sayin it

So cant see faction stuffs, can't see company stuffs and can't see stock stuffs?
Shouldn't that be worked on in a positive way?

Anybody wonder how the convo went down initially?
"Lets create a game, that when they play the game, the game is not to be able to play the f**kin game!"
Responce
"Genius, yes ty"

I'm gonna get backlash for this but im more than willing to skip the merits, this part is getting kindda bad now
Kasto [2151656]
It's a text base game that is supposed to be played in the background.

Probably while doing something else. Not sure why people cannot get it.
Hornz [2220919]
Flying has always been suited for lower activity. That's part of the dynamic of things and I would imagine is completely intentional. It works out great for some play styles but sucks for others. You pick and choose what you want to do.
Grim [2676715]
Wouldn't think Baron of all people would have a problem with flying since it doesn't impeded his ability to shitpost
SoapyCilantro [2220138]
But what is your point? You’re not suggesting anything or offering a solution, you’re just complaining. If you do not like flying just don’t do it lol. I guess I just don’t understand why you needed to make an entire forum thread to vent your frustrations instead of just..not..flying.
Drululu [2636148]
While on the topic: any particular reason I cant see the faction page while flying? Just the front page with the roster and war/chain status
Michelle-420- [732810]
Flying in my opinion doesn't suck to bad,but it depends on what I am doing. I usually fly while at work,or doing some activities. It served its purpose and still does if I do fly now. It's wonderful for busy people on mobile all the time. All about gamestlye in my opinion. Oh the benefit of WLT will help ease the pains sometimes.
ChillySpunc [1905415]
Many ways travelling is great;
  • Other than the travelling for 365 days you can get all the travelling merits within a few months, great way for a noob to build up some finances.
  • Free protection if you're active enough.
  • Rehab, fortune teller, Caymans bank, hunting, all very useful side tasks.
  • Can literally travel anymore and land with full bars.
You are not a faction leader, you're not a company director, your networth is stagnant and slowly dropping, travelling doesn't suck, your mentality of it does, if you want to sit in Torn and be a target good for you but there's many ways travelling is beneficial.
Tokig [367758]
I sadly don't have a paper clip collection, but I do enjoy stickers and trying out different pens and markers. Licking envelopes is nasty... you need to use one of those little sponge things. As for muching on "Weet-bix" everyone knows Shreddies is by far superior (shoutout to Canadian cereal!)

I am someone that honestly likes flying in the current system. I tend to plan trips around my xanax and then I know for a few hours I really can't do much in Torn, so I might as well study, exercise or do other real life things vs sit in front of my computer and refresh the stock market. Flying is my escape from other activities in Torn and actually one of the ways I've been able to stay largely self-sufficient in the past few years.

Pretty sure at some point or another there's been mention of overhauling the flight system, but I'd much rather see Crimes 2.0 and other items come out before developers rush to rethink flying.

*luv ya Baron*