Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Event Flag

Started by WarriorBlondie [2414596] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 63 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
Hi there,

I have a suggestion. I always have a difficult time figuring out when events start and end because of the different time zones, time changes, etc.

My suggestion would be to have an Event Flag on the home screen, maybe next to the news ticker, that says Event: xxxxx If there is an active event, the name would be displayed in the field and if not, it would be blank.

For example:

Event: CaffeineCon
Event: Christmas Town
Event:

Thanks for considering!
Elizabeth [2339829]
The newsticker generally does have a news slot for events... Including how long until it starts/ends... Apologies if this isn't what you're talking about, but if I'm understanding you correctly, it kinda seems like we already have this...
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
You are right. I know the new ticker does have it, I was just looking for something that you can see right as you log in or "at a glance". Maybe it is because I am blind in one eye and I tend to not read the News Ticker but could easily just see a single indicator field but I guess it is redundant. :-)
WarriorBlondie [2414596]
Actually, my Faction mate RoqueAuFabii1 actually suggested something that maybe makes more sense, maybe there is an event icon added to the icons on the Information section when there is an active event. That might make even more sense than what I had suggested. :-)
Zwel [1863227]