Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

ToT question

Started by Wollongong [12833] on in Questions & Answers.

5 replies · 169 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
7
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
Wollongong [12833]
Thete is an upgrade ti your basket adding a bag of chocolate truffles (or something similar) to the pool. I have very little use for chocolate in game .

If I exchange treats for 100 items, would my value not be higher without chocolate, and with just e cans? Or do you just get "blanks" where the chocolate would be?
Betty_White [2650628]
I would also love to see some confirmation on this. My assumption was that you have a set chance of getting candy/alcohol/cans, and adding in higher value versions of those items doesn't change this. So if you had an arbitrary 40% chance of getting candy beforehand (and a 60% chance of getting alcohol/cans), you would now have a 30% chance of getting low-tier candy, and a 10% chance of getting high-tier candy (and still a 60% chance of getting alcohol/cans). However, this isn't based on any evidence or statements from staff - it's just my thoughts on what would make the most sense.
Kaladin [2712913]
Tagging on to this so I don't forget to check if an answer gets posted. I don't want to invest treats into those 'upgrades' if they waste slots for better rewards and end up being an anchor.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
It does increase your value gained.


When you exchange, each treat has a 1/3 chance of being either alcohol, candy or a can. Beyond that, there’s a separate equal chance for that can to be any can in the pool, same with alcohol and candies.

When you buy these upgrades, you add them to the pool of options for when it rolls candies. After buying both candy upgrades, you’ll now have a 1/5 chance of that candy you get to be the best candy. The rates for the shit candies also reduce, from 1/3 without the upgrades, to 1/5 with both upgrades.

In short, just get them. They’re cheap anyways so what the heck.
Kaladin [2712913]
Thank you for the descriptive answer. Would it be an alright strategy to buy only the better upgrades in each slot to not dillute the pool for that item type?
Rum4nyby [1567187]
The issue with not buying any of the tier 2 upgrades is that the rewards for each type currently in the pool are quite literally the worst possible.


Using cans as an example, if I exchanged 200 treats and only had the large can upgrades unlocked, I’d get more cans of red cow (1/12 chance per treat) than if I had both that and the other upgrade that adds Munster to the pool (becomes a 1/15 chance per treat). But I’d also get more shit, since I didn’t buy the option that adds the 2nd best reward to the pool. My chances of getting something good with just 1 perk unlocked is 1/12, whilst my chances of getting something good with both unlocked is 2/15. Same applies to candies and alcohols.

Again, just buy them. They’re cheap anyways so it really doesn’t set you back by much in the grand scheme of things.

Also ched pls add taurine cans to the pool or to upgrades ffs