Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Car discussions

Started by HeadHunter2500 [2575516] on in Motoring.

18 replies · 310 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100

Most-liked replies

HeadHunter2500 [2575516]
Ok so, for every car lover/ gearhead torn citizen like my self wanna talk about new car news, repairing/ modding tips, fun facts, etc, we can all talk here, anyone wanna have a fun car discussion with fellow torn citizens or want tips, i'm pretty sure u might find someone here (not me though i'm still a rookie when it comes to fixing/modding, lol)
Samorost [1655145]
I drive a 2003 Skoda Fabia Mk1 1.9 tdi. I feel sorry that people in the states didnt get these.

They are highly reliable, solid cars that keep on going even if you dont service them regularly, although I would reccomend regular servicing to get more miles out of them. Mine has just passed 160K miles, however I have seen Fabia/Octavia taxis in Eastern Europe with 200K+.

Since they were purchased by Volkswagen, Skodas are just rebadged Golfs/Polos at half the prices of what delusional people try and sell VWs for.
I've never met anybody who has had a bad word to say against the Fabias. So the amount of Skoda hate is just down to people who have never driven one and are regurgitating the same jokes that were applied to Skodas back in the 70s/80s.

I would pick a Mk1 Fabia over anything of today without a doubt.
HeadHunter2500 [2575516]
Nice, i do actually see that new skodas are alot better, they are doing some great cars, i've seen the octavia alot (and the octavia VRS as well) they are cool cars, and skoda is a reliable car company as far as i know
Lil_cookie [2693092]
My first car was a little 2003 Skoda fabia.. I had the 1.2 htp though.. was a great little car, I've also had a 2006 skoda octavia vrs 2.0 tfsi.. that was great (until the timing chain tensioner went) would have another in a heartbeat though
Samorost [1655145]
My friend has the 1.4 MPI, such a good looking engine and easy to maintain!

Id love a spare Fabia to have fun with, my current one wouldnt last long outside of normal driving considering its still got most of its factory parts lol
Samorost [1655145]
Thats devastating, Id love an Octavia as my next Skoda. The chain tensioner went in my van a couple years ago except I hated it and was glad it destroyed itself lmao
AiteShadow [1702059]
curious if anyone knows much about Volkswagen Passat TDI diesels?

American with a check engine light with a cpu warning of ad blue warning, I know when the cpu hits 0 the engine wont kick on. Code ran said its a bad def injector, so it needs replacement. I know vw has a recall for it but my vin doesnt fit in the recall, any ideas how much it might cost me to have the dealership replace? I take it in tomorrow but how much money do i need to line my pockets with first.

2015 vw passat tdi diesel 97k miles.