Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Remote controlled vehicles

Started by Cerealkillar [2433206] on in Hobbies & Interests.

1 replies · 24 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
4 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
19 / 100
Engagement score
29 / 100
Cerealkillar [2433206]
I thought I'd start a thread about remote controlled cehicles (Rc's)
1. Where are you from?
2. What kind of Rc are you into? (Cars, trucks, helis, planes etc)
2a gas or electric?
3. Any mods done?
4. Where do you use your Rc?
5. Share your stories, experiences, thoughts

I live in Michigan USA. I'm into electric RC. Specifically 4x4 vehicles and sub 250g drones.

It started with a traxxas slash and quickly got out of hand from there. 5 cars later and I'm still using them regularly on camping trips, with the kids in the morning while we wait for the bus, anywhere that seems fun.

One of the best things about rc is that you don't require any special licenses, permissions, or permits just plug them in and commence with the fun.

My favorites are the slash ultimate for speed and bashing. The xmaxx for extreme fun, and the axial SCX10 series of crawlers. (I'm thinking about going smaller in the 1/18th and 1/24th scale as well.)

Also recently released was a 1/6th scale giant crawler....a jeep I think. Thoughts on a crawler of this size and its capabilities? Or lack there of? Will the aftermarket take hold on something of this size?
-Psychopath- [1538261]
I used to be very much into the world of RC. Namely drones and planes. These days, I still have a fair few vehicles but I don't use them.

My current vehicles include:

1. Loki X5 Drone (New)
2. Rotor X Atom V1 Drone (Used)
3. ZOHD Nano Talon Plane (New)
4. Sonicmodell Mini Skyhunter V2 Plane (New)
5. Sonicmodell Mini AR Wing Plane (New)
6. Traxxas Slash 2WD Car(Used)
7. Swamp Dawg Air Boat (Used)
8. C-160 Cargotrans Kit Plane (New)
9. Syma S100 Helicopter (New)

A few years ago, I had many more RC's. I would take them out all the time. I even made a few new friends through them, as people would be fascinated by them. These days people wouldn't look too kindly to me flying around the local park, unfortunately.