Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Last Will & Testament

Started by Schlog [2386178] on in Suggestions.

12 replies · 149 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
28
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
23 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
Schlog [2386178]
How about a Last will & testament so when some of us old player die off we can will everything we have to a any other player in Torn.
The contract can be given or sold to a any player in torn. Other will be able to buy up the contracts or sale a contract.
The contract will link two player thill one of them dies in real life.
dark95 [2321537]
I believe torn is supposed to be a game where death is not supposed to be talked about for benefiting others. Id rather have nothing from my friends than knowing I will have their stuff if they die, because the idea of having their stuff would've just made me quit playing torn
Schlog [2386178]
Yea I see you point and understand what you are saying.
But I look at it this way too. I am old and when I go I would like to leave my game to someone and not just let it die away over time.
I just hate to thank of all the hard work I have but into this game will just drain away with so much as a bang.
It can be for any time yo leave then game for good.
Kelsie [340367]
This has been suggested many, many times. Ched’s response on the matter.

For me personally, I think it’s not a very good idea. On either end. Passing stuff along when I’m quitting is one thing, but if I were to pass on in RL.. oof. I also can’t imagine receiving a friend’s personal stuff if they were to pass on in RL. The emotions and feelings would be tremendous.


Reading one of your replies, you said ‘leave your game’ to someone due to the hard work put in. Did you mean your account? Because no.


Also as a thought. Contract to be give /sold to any player in the game. Things going to friends would be one thing, but being able to just go to anyone? Doesn’t seem right.


Anyway, my thoughts.

Mentions: "Can I have your stuff?"- Torn Wills

JustJanet [911066]
As a company director and a faction leader, I like the idea of being able to leave preferences on how things are settled if I die unexpectedly. Some of these things are just already set in the game. I believe that my co-leader automatically would gain control of my faction and I think the longest working employee would get my company. If that is the case then I am at peace with both of those things happening. My co-leader is an investor in the company though so perhaps he might feel differently about that. However, if he gains ownership of the faction I think that would more than cover the loss. However, all my stuff, other than my sentimental vanity type stuff, I would love for my faction to be able to use.

The problem with donating stuff to the faction is that I don't have all my net worth merits and collecting all my display stuff is just my attempt at slowly working up to the last merit. I honestly don't know if I will survive long enough to make it to that last level, but I'm not dying at the moment so hopefully, I will have enough time.

Also, I don't necessarily want to overload my armories with the items. What would be cool was if my display was accessible to my co-leader for those items that would be useful for the faction. Or... perhaps a new feature could be developed. an extra area to store items... like an individual faction stash that allows each faction member to maintain control and autonomy of the items they put into it. The individual would keep the networth value, but if they were to die or even if they go inactive for over a year, the contents could be accessible to their faction to take over. The member would still be able to decide what went in and out of that stash so they would know that stuff in there was up for grabs if they went inactive for the designated length of time. That would be an ideal situation for me. All my vanity items could stay in my display and all the other items could be in the stash where they aren't on display or in my inventory. If I need them, I could use them but if I never use them and die then perhaps someone from my faction could benefit from them. I'm not thinking this is an idea for money...or for a way to lend items out to other faction members. it would just be a spot where items could be stored so they aren't clogging up a person's inventory or display and ultimately if they were to die or go inactive for a long period, their faction could use what was in there. I'm thinking the choice to use it would not even be sharable with the faction until after the event of death of length of inactivity is met. If the person is booted, then the faction would not benefit either. That way only those members who are beloved enough to stay in the faction even if inactive could even contribute.
JustJanet [911066]
Holy hell! The Torn you play is way more hard-core than the Torn I play. In what real-life world is the value of the pixilated items from a game worth the life? This is the only game I play and know I invest way too much time on it, but dang! Who has such a shitty life that the idea of murdering someone, who thinks highly enough of them to leave their pixilated fortune to, would be worth it to get it earlier than the natural course of life!?
Orange_Walrus [2601735]
People have been killed over CS knife skins, I'm sure there's someone in Torn willing to kill another for some ingame fortune, best not to tempt them