I'm curious if anybody else here collects coins/tokens. I've gotten into world coins and automotive tokens. Anybody want to talk coins?
Coin Collecting
Started by Okwhy6 [2193851] on in Hobbies & Interests.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 26 / 100
- Historical score
- 9 / 100
- Story score
- 25 / 100
- Engagement score
- 41 / 100
Most-liked replies
- megalomaniacal [1542618] Committee
· 1 likes ·
You're talking my language! What do you specifically collect? Just any foreign you can get your hands on?
I wouldn't say I COLLECT coins, but I always pick up wheat pennies, bicentennial quarters, and any odd coin I find on the streets.
I've got a few euro coins I picked up in Ireland at a bar, probably my "rarest" because they're not from the US.
I've got a few euro coins I picked up in Ireland at a bar, probably my "rarest" because they're not from the US.
You're talking my language! What do you specifically collect? Just any foreign you can get your hands on?
At first it was any and all. Now I'm slowly gathering 1 of each coin of each year. I have 2,236 (974 different types) coins/tokens in my database from 101 and 108 different ruling authorities. My favorite find so far is an 1841 4 Rigsbankskilling / 1¼ Schilling Courant - Christian VIII. My second favorite is a 1956R Italian 5 , only 400k were minted.
I have a collection of old coins, mostly silver. But do have old nickels and pennies; as well as some others from before. Much of it passed down from father; but I've added some silver coins and rounds. The Silver Shield mint has some nice designs
Only Gold ones I've added are a few fractional small ones, but silver shield did have a ounce gold version of this which tempted me some for pre-order when I checked before.
https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-oz-Cannabis-BU-Silver-Round.html
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Another Crypto looking design, but silver I think kind of neat.
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Also added this from their collection.
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Only Gold ones I've added are a few fractional small ones, but silver shield did have a ounce gold version of this which tempted me some for pre-order when I checked before.
https://www.goldenstatemint.com/1-oz-Cannabis-BU-Silver-Round.html
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Another Crypto looking design, but silver I think kind of neat.
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Also added this from their collection.
[image: www.goldenstatemint.com]
Those are amazing! https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia171500.html
That's my favorite silver piece
That's my favorite silver piece