I want to keep racing in class A when I reach it, but cant find a guide that tells me the best car and upgrades to put into class B. I read that it is best to save up some points from class C instead of putting all points into class B. Can anyone direct me to a forum thread or help me out?
Class B racing upgrades
Started by Sohmz [2711369] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 10
- Likes on archived posts
- 22
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 65 / 100
- Historical score
- 21 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 61 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Who_knows_who [2176999]
· 4 likes ·
Sierra Cosworth is the best Class B car because you can continue using it in Class A, but it’s only good for the Mudpit track, but for Class B purposes, it might do the trick on other tracks as well, … - Rogue [1873490]
· 2 likes ·
This doesn't make sense to me - your progression for early class A would have been identical had you used the Cosworth and put the same upgrades on it that you did the Evo. The key here is not the … - Fermion [2691036] Officer
· 2 likes ·
Use cosworth, yes. This is a guide tailor made for class b by aaash https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=21&t=16241510&b=0&a=0 Note that it uses a very small number of racing points. The idea is that doesnt waste racing points on upgrades you'll get better versions …
Sierra Cosworth is the best Class B car because you can continue using it in Class A, but it’s only good for the Mudpit track, but for Class B purposes, it might do the trick on other tracks as well, but I’m not sure because I never tried.
RD_’s Racing Guide “2.0” is the guide I used and it’s great!
Good luck on your quest to Class A and happy racing, Sohmz!! (^o^)/
RD_’s Racing Guide “2.0” is the guide I used and it’s great!
Good luck on your quest to Class A and happy racing, Sohmz!! (^o^)/
Mentions: RD_'s Racing Guide "2.0"
I agree. The Cosworth took the top three places in this Class A Mudpit race, which is not unusual.
[image: gyazo.com]
You certainly could get a Cosworth in B class and equip it for dirt track races. It will perform ok on all tracks with some dirt, but it will win on Mudpit.
The Cosworth was my first Class A car and I used it for everything until I had enough dirt-track wins to finish off the Ferrari (though the Honda NSX is a much more popular choice).
The main drawback of the Cosworth is its cost -- it's an expensive car.
As for points, use your class C points to upgrade the class B car and save your class B points for your first class A car. My Ferrari was mostly finished when I entered Class A.
[image: gyazo.com]
You certainly could get a Cosworth in B class and equip it for dirt track races. It will perform ok on all tracks with some dirt, but it will win on Mudpit.
The Cosworth was my first Class A car and I used it for everything until I had enough dirt-track wins to finish off the Ferrari (though the Honda NSX is a much more popular choice).
The main drawback of the Cosworth is its cost -- it's an expensive car.
As for points, use your class C points to upgrade the class B car and save your class B points for your first class A car. My Ferrari was mostly finished when I entered Class A.
I raced through Class B with a Cosworth, worked really well. If you can save 269 points you can start Class A with fully modded car. Baldr's racing guide is useful here also, as is this spreadsheet for what upgrades to get
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr
Cosworth have a high chance of winning any A track with some mud on it really
266 points
Don't waste 3 points on the safety upgrade hiding under engine!
Don't waste 3 points on the safety upgrade hiding under engine!
Use cosworth, yes. This is a guide tailor made for class b by aaash
https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=21&t=16241510&b=0&a=0
Note that it uses a very small number of racing points. The idea is that doesnt waste racing points on upgrades you'll get better versions of in Class A
Its a lil slower getting to a with this, but you can get a fully modded car after reaching Class A right away if you follow this
https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=21&t=16241510&b=0&a=0
Note that it uses a very small number of racing points. The idea is that doesnt waste racing points on upgrades you'll get better versions of in Class A
Its a lil slower getting to a with this, but you can get a fully modded car after reaching Class A right away if you follow this
Mentions: Guide: Class B Cosworth - upgrade list
If you use a Sierra Cosworth and only get the upgrades that are still valid come class A, you will almost always place top 3 and not waste any points or time.
Plugging my own guide on this. I'd use my guide along with aaash guide posted above to get the optimal set up.
Plugging my own guide on this. I'd use my guide along with aaash guide posted above to get the optimal set up.
I found my progression in early class A easy because I used the much less expensive Evo in class B and went straight to the NSX. Having a fully upgraded NSX while most of my peers used the Cosworth helped me pick up a lot of early points in class A.
I understand the theory behind the Cosworth and it's sound, but if a majority are doing it, there is room for others to win simply because others haven't gotten the right cars to challenge them on tarmac tracks.
I understand the theory behind the Cosworth and it's sound, but if a majority are doing it, there is room for others to win simply because others haven't gotten the right cars to challenge them on tarmac tracks.
This doesn't make sense to me - your progression for early class A would have been identical had you used the Cosworth and put the same upgrades on it that you did the Evo.
The key here is not the class B car you chose, but rather the points you saved for the NSX when you reached class A.
The key here is not the class B car you chose, but rather the points you saved for the NSX when you reached class A.
thanks for the help everyone.
Yeah and to add to this, you can max out a Sierra (with parts not superseded when you reach A class) and still be able to max out one NSX when you get to A class if you've saved points.
I only put a couple points into the Evo in class b. I focused on a Tarmac car and breezed through B.
Most folks I meet focus on the Cosworth as first class A car and have at most 5 tracks where they shine because they put dirt upgrades on it. Getting the NSX fully upgraded meant I had a car that was competitive in tarmac (remaining 10 tracks) at low RS because most people at that RS had dirt setups.
But you make a solid point- if one used the Cosworth for B (only upgrades used in A), bought the NSX and fully upgraded it, they would have had 10 tracks to earn points to finish the Cosworth and probably be the fastest progression.
Most folks I meet focus on the Cosworth as first class A car and have at most 5 tracks where they shine because they put dirt upgrades on it. Getting the NSX fully upgraded meant I had a car that was competitive in tarmac (remaining 10 tracks) at low RS because most people at that RS had dirt setups.
But you make a solid point- if one used the Cosworth for B (only upgrades used in A), bought the NSX and fully upgraded it, they would have had 10 tracks to earn points to finish the Cosworth and probably be the fastest progression.
Sorry guys how does one get a driving license around here
There are actually two different licenses:
1. A Racing License to race with that you can purchase from the Points Building for 50 Points.
2. A Driving License to do certain crimes (i.e., Transport Drugs) that you can get by completing the General Studies education course, “Driving Licence” : GEN2113
Good luck, Emperor_ENZ!! Happy racing and driving!! (^o^)/
1. A Racing License to race with that you can purchase from the Points Building for 50 Points.
2. A Driving License to do certain crimes (i.e., Transport Drugs) that you can get by completing the General Studies education course, “Driving Licence” : GEN2113
Good luck, Emperor_ENZ!! Happy racing and driving!! (^o^)/
Thank you