Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Forced Closing

Started by LordMizak [2672115] on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 91 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100

Most-liked replies

LordMizak [2672115]
Hey there!

I spoke with CloudJumper, and s/he suggested I post my issue here.

I have over 2700 Plastic Swords, and have been attempting to sell them. Whenever I click the stack of swords, it takes an easy 30-40 seconds to load the items page with the expanded stack of swords showing individually. Then, as I begin clicking the item boxes, and/or money boxes to insert the price, the game force closes itself.

I believe the issue is a processor issue, but I'm not sure. I am using a Samsung S20 FE. This happens while using both the TornPDA, as well as the internet browser (that comes installed on tge phone upon purchase.. I dont know what it is).

This happened in the past, but I had less items and I was able to post the items, but I never had this many items before.

Perhaps, instead of having a table expand open, we could post them in groups like other, non-weapon items AS WELL as how they post (due to different prices).

Thanks in advance!
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
The weapons have to be posted individually I am afraid, there's no way around it with the present system. You need to limit the number of weapons that you have in your Inventory until such a time that Torn overhauls the Inventory system, else you will keep running into issues like these.

OP has confirmed over chat that it would be okay if the entire stack was moved over to Bazaar for them. Passing along to Joe to see if that is possible.

Thanks..!!
LordMizak [2672115]
Update: using both TornPDA and web browser in Dark mode made it impossible to post items. However, even though there was still lag while trying to load items, once I switched to Light mode on browser, I was able to post items. So, apparently this is a dark mode issue as well.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I'm not sure what to suggest, other than to perhaps try using a desktop or a different browser perhaps?

I don't believe there's much we can do on our end, the systems aren't really optimised for the cases when someone might have literally thousands of the same weapon. You can try moving them into different areas perhaps, or temporarily adding them to trades e.t.c. I'm sure there's some technique that may work.