Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[API] Icons inconsistent information

Started by MaGnO [51498] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 111 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
MaGnO [51498]
Hi,
There is some inconsistent information in api selection "icons" when used with "bars" selection.

If I use only the icons selection I get this information:

URL called: https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=icons

Response:
{
"icons": {
...
"icon58": "Minor Drug Addiction - Your battle stats in combat are slightly reduced (-9%)"
}
}

However when getting icons and bars API returns this:

URL called: https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=bars,icons

Response:
{
...
"icons": {
...
"icon59": "Moderate Drug Addiction - Your battle stats in combat are reduced (-14%)"
}
}

With icons only it returns 9%, which is the value shown in Torn, but with bars and icons it returns 14%.
Maybe this is related with merits in Addiction Mitigation?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Passing along to Joe for checking. I don't have the drug addiction icon at the moment to test.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I've tried everything I can think of, but I cannot reproduce this.

https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=bars,icons
https://api.torn.com/user/?selections=icons

Always provide the correct addiction icon text for me, no matter what I set it to.

Do you have anything additional to add perahps?

Thanks.
MaGnO [51498]
I only have two employees and they have both 0 in battle stat reduction icon with -3 and -12 in addiction effectiveness.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
This is sorted now thanks. The 'bars' selection was making the user's faction ID unavailable for the 'icons' selection, so the faction upgrades were not being counted.