Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Using weak weapons for looting?

Started by Xenos48 [2119947] on in Questions & Answers.

4 replies · 193 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
63 / 100
Historical score
16 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Xenos48 [2119947]
If I understand the looting mechanics correctly, your chances of loot increase with each damaging hit you make, regardless of how much damage that hit does (greater than 0 though, I assume)

Which makes me ponder: is it more efficient to use a pillow, rusty sword, or some other shit weapon, to maximise your hits made but deal low enough damage that you don't contribute a great deal to the defeat?
Or would 1 person be such a slight difference that it wouldn't matter, and if everyone did it then overall loot chances won't change at all
Insi [2034939]
Has it ever been determined that the amount of damage you do has no affect on the loot chances?

- Loot is rewarded at random to those who participated in defeating the NPC. Those who put in more effort or did more damage will be more likely to receive the loot. You don't need to be in the attack at the time of defeat to receive loot.


https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16095167&b=0&a=0

He said something about “fixin’ dem noobs what don’t make no bruises on ol’ Dukey”, and that he's “real generous to those mooks what hurt him most.” Duke's a bit of a masochist, it seems, and the only thing that matters is how much damage you do to him before he passes out. Really despicable, you should all be ashamed of yourself! Including Duke.

Aunty

From the newspaper I don't have the link.

You could interpret "more damage" to mean "more damaging hits" but the Ched quote states those who put in more effort or did more damage, so it's possible that there are multiple ways to earn loot tickets, so I'm going to keep assuming that more damage = more chance unless it's confirmed otherwise. Not that I ever drop anything anyway.

Mentions: NPC Looting

Xenos48 [2119947]
hmm right... thanks for the links!

I thought I read somewhere that hits directly translated to tickets, but could easily be me or the poster was incorrect

cheers!
Sara [2430219]
You get one chance at loot per damaging hit. It used to be that a hit with a non-damaging temp would count as well, but that was removed. I don't have a source linked currently but if I find it I'll edit. Source before the change to exclude non-damaging temps.

Edit: easy

- Changed NPC loot lottery tickets so they're no longer provided on non-damaging hits
- Changed NPC loot lottery tickets to expire upon NPC defeat or regen to full life (previously it was 10 mins)

Mentions: Loot drop · Patch list #215 : 26/10/2021