Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

problems with chat

Started by StumpyDog [2252131] on in Bugs & Issues.

40 replies · 530 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Phillip_J_Fry [2184575] ×1

StumpyDog [2252131]
Hi today i cannot chat to anyone, yesterday it was fine, i use laptop, samsung phone and pda.

all 3 have an issue

laptop shows no chat box's for anything, even in setting where you could turn chat boxes on and off, there is nothing now, not company, faction chat and when i go into someone's profile i click on the chat button and just get the revolving icon with nothing happening. I can message individuals

mobile has the faction and company chat boxes but whenever i go in and try these it lets me in and says connecting to the server.

i have cleared all cache and just reset password..

also nothing is refreshing, once i completed a crime, i have to manually refresh so it shows that i've done it, ie the nnb decreases

have i been chat banned????? asking for a friend
someotheradmin [1748048] Tester
if it is a cloudflare issue, then there is not much we can do, not to mention the time frames.

Meantime I can only suggest trying VPN (with websockets support) as a temporary solution to the routing/cloudflare issues
PsycWard [1579270]
I don't know if it's related but I started to notice chat issues this morning.
If I get a chat on mobile it will not sync up with my desktop version.
I got a chat on mobile last night that I replied to but I can't see the person's question or my answer on desktop. I got another chat a few hours ago that I looked at on mobile but it was too long to answer so I switched to desktop. The chat didn't show on desktop so I went to the person's profile on desktop but the chat box would not open. I went back to mobile and closed the chat box and the updated chat box would now manually open on desktop after clicking the button on their profile.
hemi [2165616]
Chats are messed up, they disconnect and reconnect every 3 minutes.
NPC fights earlier were lagging, with pages breaking and people timing out.
Nerve and energy bars after use do not immediately refresh until the page is refreshed.

Plz ched :(
Juoku [2545301]
This actually happens to me a lot, its pretty random for me, sometimes it lasts hours while other times a few minutes, I just thought it was something with my internet connection lol
Adam [1622585]
I honestly thought this was happening to everyone for the last few days or more.
Chats disconnect anytime I open/load a new page. Then if I stay on the same page long enough they reconnect.
-Rob [2569218]
My chat is not working

Boxes are open, cannot close them. Just says connecting with server

Even like this for 3 days

Laptop, PDA, ipad and mobile are all same
Lilypop [2149351] Wiki Contributor
Yeah I have been experiencing this issue. People tell me my previous messages got deleted or chat keeps saying "connecting with server". It has been like this on and off for about a week and a half.
HerpSac [2117255]
FIREFOX IS THE ONE WITH THE ISSUE, NOT TORN. IF YOU USE FIREFOX AND YOUR CHATS ARE DISAPPEARING, THAT IS 99% THE ISSUE. (otherwise please continue here in bugs and issues)

Solutions include:
~closing all torn related tabs(torntools, torn stats, the wiki ect.) and opening torn in a new firefox window(not tab)
~using a different web browser
~abandon your friends so you have no need for torn chat rooms


Recreating the issue:
~doing multiple things in multiple tabs seems to create the issue, using only a single tab open with torn seems to prevent the chats from disappearing
HerpSac [2117255]
if you hadnt spent all your money on a gpu, you might have money left for a decent internet service provider. secondly, firefox has had chat issues for months and people are constantly making threads about it. all im saying is if you use firefox, dont post here unless you know its a different chat issue
Jobby [1640111]
Prehaps less aggression? Chat not working on Torn app, chrome on android or chrome on Windows.

Edit: If 79mbs down isn't good enough to run torn then there's a problem somewhere