1 May is International Worker Day, also celebrated as labor day in most countries. I suggest we have an event on the day where we get 20% or maybe more reduction on all the Cooldowns (Drugs, Medical, and Booster). Currently, there is only one other event in may, i.e, Museum Day. Drug and medical CD reduction could also work well with dog tags now transferred to May.
Efficiency Day!
Started by Hasnain_Zoom [2667754] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 4
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 2
- Likes on archived posts
- 7
- Authority score
- 25 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 39 / 100
Currently, there is only one other event in may, i.e, Museum Day.
and
could also work well with dog tags now transferred to May.
are literally contradictory. First you say there's only one other event in May, then proceed to talk about another event in May...
That aside, I really went into this thinking you would suggest a boost to work efficiency on May 1st, since, y'know, it's International Workers Day, not International Take Medicine, Do Drugs, and Get Krunk Day. Definitely not going to happen. We already have holidays that effectively do the same thing. Caffeine Con, St Patricks, Beer, and Diabetes day all cover the vast majority of boosters, Slash Wednesday and Blood Donor day cover medical (sort of), and... Well, okay, there's nothing for drugs, except 4/20. But drug cooldown also works differently to the other cooldowns, so that's pretty understandable. Decreasing drug cooldown like that for a day would be pretty damned powerful. Yes, I know, that's the point, but there's a line we need to draw between powerful fun and overpowered.
But even with all that, we still already have Employee Appreciation day. This is entirely unnecessary.
Don't know about you, but I like to think there is a difference between a 1-day event and a month-long competition in torn. It's a labors day holiday, people are supposed to enjoy their year of hard work and take a rest ;).
All the other events you mentioned are special on their own, but a day of reduced Could down is not suddenly going to turn you into a monster. Even with the 20% drug cd reduction, you'll only be able to fit in 1 more Xanax to the normal 3 Xanax a day.
Employee appreciation day is good for people to gain work stats. This is not entirely unnecessary, you just lack vision :P
All the other events you mentioned are special on their own, but a day of reduced Could down is not suddenly going to turn you into a monster. Even with the 20% drug cd reduction, you'll only be able to fit in 1 more Xanax to the normal 3 Xanax a day.
Employee appreciation day is good for people to gain work stats. This is not entirely unnecessary, you just lack vision :P
Different events are still events.
As I've mentioned in other suggestions threads, cooldown reduction is a very delicate thing, particularly with drug cooldown. As it currently stands, there's no way to speed that up. Once you have a drug cooldown, you're stuck with it until it runs out. There's no speeding it up, no shortening it, no avoiding it without avoiding drugs entirely. And it works well that way. It means there are parts of the game that you just have to wait for and there's nothing you can do. It keeps balance in the game, even at the cost of "efficiency", as AshleyT so often likes to complain about. I think it'd sure be nice to have decreased cooldowns on drugs, but I also know that if you give people a day of it, they'll start demanding permanent perks for it. Give them an inch, they'll demand a mile. Also, you technically have the potential to fit 5 xanax in a day. Not to mention, one day events technically last for 48 hours, which means potentially 10 xanax in the time it would normally take to use 6.
Employee appreciation day is good for people to gain work stats. It's almost like it's a holiday centered around employees. And it's almost like we don't need another one. Especially one whose name doesn't fit its effects at all. It's not that I "lack vision", I just have a different perspective. Just because you see a six doesn't mean I'm blind for seeing the nine.
As I've mentioned in other suggestions threads, cooldown reduction is a very delicate thing, particularly with drug cooldown. As it currently stands, there's no way to speed that up. Once you have a drug cooldown, you're stuck with it until it runs out. There's no speeding it up, no shortening it, no avoiding it without avoiding drugs entirely. And it works well that way. It means there are parts of the game that you just have to wait for and there's nothing you can do. It keeps balance in the game, even at the cost of "efficiency", as AshleyT so often likes to complain about. I think it'd sure be nice to have decreased cooldowns on drugs, but I also know that if you give people a day of it, they'll start demanding permanent perks for it. Give them an inch, they'll demand a mile. Also, you technically have the potential to fit 5 xanax in a day. Not to mention, one day events technically last for 48 hours, which means potentially 10 xanax in the time it would normally take to use 6.
Employee appreciation day is good for people to gain work stats. It's almost like it's a holiday centered around employees. And it's almost like we don't need another one. Especially one whose name doesn't fit its effects at all. It's not that I "lack vision", I just have a different perspective. Just because you see a six doesn't mean I'm blind for seeing the nine.