43 replies · 625 views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:44 / 44 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
44
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
47 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Fishlegs[2437631]
· 6 likes · Got all of the same issues, tried doing a clean up, reboot, re log, different browser and now chat is missing. Location Norway... Guess it sucks to be Norwegian this weekend. Time to go back to the old ways. What …
CloudJumper[1636201] · 3 likes · There are some ongoing routing issues with Cloudflare which is causing Chat outages for certain regions around the world. Unfortunately, it is not possible for Torn to address it from our end and we have to wait for Cloudflare engineers …
olesien[2187764]
· 3 likes · I'm having the same issue. Literally the entire chat system is down for me. When I tried on incognito, I don't even see the faction chat icon! Settings icon etc all just give a spin icon :/ Torn in general …
I have disabled torntools, disabled tamper monkey even tho no scripts are running, cleared the cookies cache thingie. Now the chat is even more buggier, before this i was getting a red error not connected. https://imgur.com/a/3qnc5yw
CloudJumper[1636201]Staff · #2
There are some ongoing routing issues with Cloudflare which is causing Chat outages for certain regions around the world. Unfortunately, it is not possible for Torn to address it from our end and we have to wait for Cloudflare engineers to fix the ongoing issues (we have raised this issue with them already).
Until then, you will have to use a VPN service (with support for websockets) to connect to another country, that should get the chats working for you.
I'm having the same issue. Literally the entire chat system is down for me. When I tried on incognito, I don't even see the faction chat icon! Settings icon etc all just give a spin icon :/
I don't know how long, but i started using proton vpn as it is free, so far chat is working when vp-ing but i hope the issues will be fixed soon (i know it isn't a torn problem) as i can't see any chat if i go to mobile from time to time. I suspect that the lag is a problem outside of torn realm unfortunately
Its a regional issue or what is the error? There was an update or what is the cause? And how many are affected by it? Cause it dosent seem of importance somehow. Ive tried reinstall apps, cleaned cache etc and tbh I now end up with a game going in error 503 constantly. And all chats are gone now. Its on laptop, PDA and app. Before that they said connecting to server.
Apparently the cloud thingie have some regional issues, i know that my area (not sure if country wide buy my romania area) isn't working, a faction mate from another country have the same issue, chat is on and off constantly. Just install vpn, i went with netherlands servers, for torn is ok, outside of it sucks ass as the net speed isn't what i'm used to (12+ MB/s)
I'm not sure why VPN wouldn't be an option (I'm sure there are reasons, just can't think of them myself) but, if your phone can run apps it should be able to run Orbot (it's basically a VPN on steroids X-D ).
chat dead, stock not updating unless you refresh, NB after crimes stays at what it was before you do crimes refresh then it updates, same with gym. dont think its just the chat that is an issue been like this for almost a day now in norway.
Got all of the same issues, tried doing a clean up, reboot, re log, different browser and now chat is missing. Location Norway... Guess it sucks to be Norwegian this weekend. Time to go back to the old ways. What direction and what's the quickest way to UK? We haven't plundered some monasteries there in ages! :p