We can see race statistics by track, but I cannot find a way to see race statistics by car.
It would be useful to see times by car produced on the various tracks.
This is useful to test different car configurations for the more expert racers and see times between cars on the same track.
My particular usecase was to compare my existing car track times against personal best laps on a track. This could help someone like me, someone who doesn’t have a track specialized car for each track yet, select from existing cars that I have that may perform best on a track.
Either this is a new set of data that I am requesting be stored and surfaced, or I could use help finding this data. Please let me know.
I may not understand what you're trying to do, but the statistics page shows the top 5 global lap times as well as your personal top 5 best lap times and the car for each. Can't you use that for comparison?
Good question Jack, you certainly can use it for comparison but it’s limited to results that are track based and only 5 results for your own cars.
The request I am making is to see car focused results, so we can see all race times a particular car has set. [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] Some additional possible use cases for more research enabled by these stats in parenthesis -
(As a future possible continuation of this feature request it would be an excellent improvement if we could also see those results for smaller sets of laps than 100, and to be able to filter by particular car configurations for those race times. This nice to have would be in addition to, or possibly as a part of car focused results which we do not have at all yet (as far as I can tell, let me know if I missed this).) [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] (This would be really helpful to find car configurations that might be more ideal for short races vs 100 lap races, and where you might see cars that have an edge over the global record setters in sprints. These might also be cars that have a wider possible set of lap times meaning they can with a small chance out-sprint a car in a short race. Conversely, and I don’t know exactly what makes a car a global record setters, but those global record setters may be those cars with wider variations on lap times and someone just got more lucky on every lap, and with this data we could find cars that might have longer lap times on average, but perform better in short races because they have a smaller variation in possible lap times making them more consistent short race winners.)[/background] [/background] [background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] (Either way, car focused results can help us better understand our cars, and may in the future unlock the possibility of “drag races”. Imagine if torn didn’t let you just enter a race, but let you enter a marathon 100 lap race, or a drag 1-3 lap race? Immediately there would be an even greater need for this type of car focused data.) [/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] R+ for anyone joining the conversation. Im not an expert on this by any means and I appreciate all voices and insights people may bring.[/background][/background]
"Imagine if torn didn’t let you just enter a race, but let you enter a marathon 100 lap race, or a drag 1-3 lap race?"
I believe if you create your own custom race you can indeed race the marathon 100lap races..... In fact people create these marathon races every minute to try and increase their RS..
There is a very good guide to optimum upgrades for cars and which tracks to use them for that exists already.. This guide was created after many years of racing using cars with different set ups..
Not Sorry that I'm not going to provide a link to the guide but you do have to do some work yourself xx