Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MTG

Started by Metchi_Pockvano [2743523] on in Hobbies & Interests.

44 replies · 274 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 45 / 45 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
45
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

PureInsanity [2685775]
I really enjoy The Locust God and Omnath, Locus of Rage. Tend to gravitate to token themes.

Shorikai was really fun as a precon commander, probably my favourite precon.
Laughingman91 [2044206]
My favorite deck is probably my mono Red aggro with the dash creatures that despawn at the end of your turn, and the impact tremors field enchantment to deal 1 damage to each opponent when a creature enters the battlefield.

It sounds sketchy, and technically it is lol, but it feels good to win with unexpectedly high volume chip damage lol. It's unusually tactical for Red, but also very on-brand.

My top 3 cards this morning are :
• Ravenous Chupacabra 2BB 2/2 when it enters the battlefield, destroy target creature
• Carnage Tyrant 4GG 7/6 trample, hexproof
• Nightveil Predator UUBB 3/3 flying, hexproof, deathtouch
DrZed [237786]
I have not played in years but I had a sliver deck back a long time ago. A;sp a green and black one and red and blue if I am rembering correctly.
Kajal [2542083]
My go-to commander deck is Zaxara the Exemplary (big mana + X spells + hydras = hilarity) - plus or minus a few infinite combos depending on how powerful the other decks at the table are.

Mr. Kajal's pet deck is Yarok, the Desecrated + assorted ETB nastiness. He once hit me for sixteen thousand damage. It was pretty funny.

Also got a Kaalia of the Vast deck that is SUPER fun to play for the 3 minutes it takes until I get hated off the table :P
Ripley [2180244]
I've wanted to build a Zaxara deck for a while. I put it off because one of my friends has an X spell deck now, so I wouldn't be as special anymore.
Kajal [2542083]
ZAXARA IS ALWAYS SPECIAL don't let anyone tell you otherwise

(edit: I just reread your post and it says that YOU wouldn't be as special, not the DECK, so YOU ARE ALSO ALWAYS SPECIAL and don't let anyone tell you otherwise)

:cough:

...what's your friend running as their commander, then?
Kajal [2542083]
oh yeah that one seems pretty fun. I think I'd miss the blue and black though. Villainous Wealth for 20? Copied? HILARITY.
Kajal [2542083]
I had no idea how controversial that card is in commander until looking it up ten seconds ago. hahah. cEDH is one weird, weird animal.
Ripley [2180244]
It's pretty much mandatory if you're concerned about winrate, but my group has a thing about having separate tiers so that people can still run fun decks that can't win tournaments. I don't do two-card altcons unless we're playing with the mean decks.
Ripley [2180244]
I've never actually seen it at a table. It looks like it could be really annoying at lower power levels but would probably get outraced in a tournament setting.
Kajal [2542083]
makes sense. I've never played in a tournament... just started commander cos nothing else was on during the pandemic, and most of our best decks have since been declawed to accommodate newbies bearing precons and/or easily frustrated cousins (like no freed from the real in zaxara, no mana drains)