Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Noob help

Started by ThePope [2066680] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 320 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

ThePope [2066680]
I started flying and I got a large suitcase and a PI now what do I want to be doing to be effectively making money to A. Afford rent B. Have extra spending money to buy stat enhancing items and C. Start a good pile of savings in stocks - to store my money safely
Ohadik [424017] Wiki Contributor
Fly and buy plushies and flowers, come back to torn and sell them, then take off and buy more.

Another thing you could do if you'll be offline for awhile is fly for Xanax in South Africa.

It's just basic buying and selling, but you gotta make a couple trips a day to make it worthwhile.

A lot of scripts will calculate best profits for you, TornTools is a really popular one.

But basically, go fly and buy some plushies and flowers, come back to torn and sell them to make money.
ThePope [2066680]
Alright sounds good and once I do this for a while and I have cash ready where should I be putting that cash what should I aim to buy first? Should I be aiming to do happy jumps or is there other stuff that could benefit my money gains that I can do on the side
zuzurip [2154118]
Focus on stocks and ROI first like bank (maybe not caymans) then once you get decent cashflow focus on 3 xan per day and rehabs. there should be a guide somewhere on sotcks or basic money making in tutorial and guide forum
gat [2600663]
Personally, I would like to save $2b for bank deposit. That money will give me a regular daily interest of about $3-4m/day. Then continue to save money to buy benefit blocks stocks to receive benefits. Use the money to generate money, then once your system has worked itself out and is consistently profitable, you'll have plenty of cash to train. Keeping up the fly rountine also :)
GrizzlyDaz [2655940]
I have myself a museum... I also have a real life job that I can log into Torn regularly.. So I developed my own flight plan, where to go when. I can regularly hit 100plushie sets a week. 1000points and sell for about a 46mill profit a week... and yep... all this is straight into the bank at the moment.
Have some money locked into stcokblocks too for some passive income but as yet... losing money as share prices have dropped.
Pearlx [2728437]
Why not invest first in your battle stat rather than going to stocks right away you dont want to be carrying cash and have like less than a 100k battle stat you will be an easy target abroad..

Increase your battle stat may mean later on you can do merc jobs which will open up new revenue streams and you can defend yourself better.. and you can start mugging other guys if thats your forte

You can also go the other route invest in nnb so you can get out of the shorter ocs which is more damaging your flight income if you are very active plus you can open up new crimes that can get you more cash.

Putting everything on money and stocks will get you into the mugging zone very quickly.
ThePope [2066680]
i understand that part but at the same time im thinking that if i build my money stream faster even if im in the mugging zone - i would always be on flights so time window is small especially since i set alarms for landing times i can avoid most muggings but i understand the idea of building stats early but to do that i still need money and not small amounts either
DedeSiregar [2430598]
You fly n go buy plushies, sell ur plushies, use the money to buy beers from item like 3700 or less (u see that a lot!), then u sell 3990
Or maybe candies like big boxes of chocs 6900 or less u sell 7200. Or maybe the pricey candies like jawbreaker or something for less 230k, you sell 245k. Anything cheap u can buy n resell while you are flying to buy more plushies. On n on until your bank term is up, then put all money in bank. Repeat the process until you have 2b in bank. Don't do it when the money is morethan 20m tho. Or else snipers will mug you once u arrive in torn. Sure u can be fast but idk if it's worth the risk tbh.
ThePope [2066680]
whenever i make money i can put it into something ie items stocks and bank then rinse and repeat right? idk if that sounds right but lmk if my idea is correct
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Your idea is correct but bank has time line to put in n out ur money. N tbh for small money items give more profit than stock. If you buy beers at 3600 n sell 3990 your margin around 10% in few hours while flying. That's something stocks can't do
ThePope [2066680]
well my idea of stock was to slowly build a block over time and only take out what i need therfore using it as a form of bank while also slowly investing to turn it into passive profit in the long run
ThePope [2066680]
and can i use the market while flying or do u mean when i land buy bulk then sell bulk at 3600 or whatever and do market flips?
5wan [2740387]
This is my method similar to other people in the same boat.

Use arson warehouse site

.
This will show you stock held in other countries.
I buy flowers and plushies abroad and save them up until I need the money. UK and Argentina are good if you don't want to lose energy.

My merits are maxed at the bank investment to give better returns and get me to the 2 billion bank limit quicker.

Every two weeks my bank is ready to let go of the money. I sell all my flowers and plushies and stock up on Xanax ( sometimes I sell and buy as I need Xanax ) . Then put all remaining money into the bank.

Every two weeks your bank investment grows as you put more in.
in the beginning it will be small but it's important to keep investing into the bank all your extra cash.

ignore putting into stocks until you have the 2 billion in bank. I use stocks to store money but there is a fee.

If you can get subscription so your most basic energy needs are met without using your bank investment money to buy a donator pack.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Slow? Why? Build nw fast, so you can train fast.
From ur active income profit you can build your passive income because there is no way passive income beats active income on long or short run. No way.

Having passive income is a must. It is to avoid u burning out of endless grinding but having an active income is must too. You have missed so many days from inactivity. How slow do you wish to go from here? In the end it's up to you, but if you wish having enough money to buy stats enhancers one day, obviously you need some sorta active income you enjoy doing.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
I was talking about bazaar. Or you can use traders if you flip plushies n flowers n turn them into sets. Item market list is whole other strategy ofc. Which I gladly explain the technicality, pro, cons, risk n sweet profit. But tomorrow as I wanna zzzzzzz (sleeping!)