just curious if you do fly and race how do you balance them out as I currently only fly but would like to race for the merits
flying & racing
Started by defend [2683949] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 7
- Likes on archived posts
- 19
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 56 / 100
Most-liked replies
Going to sleep is a good opportunity to race & waste as little natural energy & nerve (& drug cool-down) as possible. Race when dirty bombs close travel agency, or when war is going on & you need to stay in Torn. To do more racing than that, you'd have to sacrifice some flying -> lose opportunity to make money -> slowing stats.
With flying involved Argentina and Switzerland work for me as I can take a Xanax, do a round trip, and return with a good couple hours left on drug cooldown. I use that time to race before flying out.
I fly during my waking hours, then before bedtime, go for a race... if i wake up during the night, then would either set a long flight or another race.
I race before bed like others have said, but also during chains and wars.
If I don't forget to race (which I often do), I race before bed, plus when it would be a bad idea to fly (an OC relatively soon, chaining...).
Pretty much what all the others said. Allow me to point something out - there's way more merits related to travel than there is racing. With travel, you've got several for time spent in the air, visit place X 50 times - 12 or 13 of those... import items, travel X times.
Racing has surprisingly few merits (six last time I checked?) given how long it takes to snag a few of them. My pattern has generally been fly for money during the day, then a couple hours before bed when there's no more time for a round-trip, run a couple of official races, then set up 100-lap for XP overnight.
Racing has surprisingly few merits (six last time I checked?) given how long it takes to snag a few of them. My pattern has generally been fly for money during the day, then a couple hours before bed when there's no more time for a round-trip, run a couple of official races, then set up 100-lap for XP overnight.