My profile is missing the chat icon and more. How do I get them back?
Missing Profile Options
Started by BobbysGirl [2772374] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 3
- Authority score
- 62 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 23 / 100
- Engagement score
- 43 / 100
You cannot chat with yourself. To initiate a chat, open another player's profile and click the chat icon there.
Yes, but another player is unable to chat with me.
Can you share a screenshot of the missing icons? Otherwise, double check your chat settings (gear icon all the way to the right on the lower part of your screen) and check to see if your settings are "only people you know or have met", and you can change it to "anyone can initiate a chat with you" if you so choose.
I don't see any restriction on opening a chat with her that would indicate it's a settings issue, but yeah a screenshot would be interesting to see lol
i've experienced chat not opening, like when they are open on another device, but during periods when i was playing only on one computer and one browser. i didn't even have the app installed on my phone anymore.
i have no idea what causes this, but a logout + clearing cache solved it for me.
EDIT: actually i think i cleared Torn cookies as well
i have no idea what causes this, but a logout + clearing cache solved it for me.
EDIT: actually i think i cleared Torn cookies as well
I see the chat button on your profile. If another player isn't seeing it, the issue is likely on their end (perhaps they are chat banned?)
Actually, I think I've noticed sometimes it does that to me. It'll do it with people who I've chatted with before and would most likely have no reason to block me. It can be kinda random. Not sure if that's the case here.