Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mugging scripts

Started by TheTollTroll [2043237] on in Tools & Userscripts.

8 replies · 2.46k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
24
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
47 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

TheTollTroll [2043237]
I’ve scoured this forum for over a year, and haven’t found any good mugging scripts besides a RR timeout script. Who’s got the goods? Will pay monies. The pentaverate must never be exposed.
Untouchable [1360035] Committee Committee
This is unlikely to yield anything, people who make them do so to give themselves an edge over other muggers, so unless you pay ridiculous sums of money to offset the chance of it potentially going public, nobody is going to share because they use it themselves to make the money (me included)
0xHemlock [2662912]
As a scripter, I can tell you right off the bat that using someone else's "mugging script" won't give you the same benefit it gives them. These scripts, to be clear, are just watching certain players or watching for certain activities that indicate they might be a good mugging target, sometimes generating the link to their profile to aid a faster attack. Some specialized ones, like ones that watch the poker table you've loaded up, might be more universally used. These are exceptions, though, and most of the time these scripts are personalized to the mugger and how they want to play the mugging game.

I assume you know all this, though. In which case, why not build one yourself? We're in the day and age where basic scripting skills are useful in just about any profession, so if you don't know how to make one now is a great time to learn. Many people use Google Sheets along with the embedded Google App Script simply because it's free and easy to use, but tbh the methods you could use to make the tool are as diverse as the types of mugging scripts people have. Go wild, and feel free to reach out to the scripting community if you have questions on specific methods or making sure your script is legal by Torn rules. Don't expect anyone to code it for you, though, without paying a developer fee.

One reason people might be hesitant to share these scripts is because muggers already gain themselves many enemies by the nature of mugging. If word gets out that a successful mugger script was provided to you and you're also making enemies, the more anti-mugging players may also target the script provider (if you're gonna fight a soldier, you'll also want to fight whoever is giving him a gun). The more successful scripts may also want to keep certain findings hidden, such as special indicators that have proven to find good mugs. Why share those indicators and increase their competition? This is also exactly what Untouchable said above.


tl;dr or can't read between the lines - no one is going to give you their own script that is usually very personalized, even for cash. Probably best to make your own.
TheTollTroll [2043237]
i see. I'd prefer to be ignorant, but I already taught myself the basics of gimp/photoshop since joining torn and I suppose I could learn other things. Coding has always looked intimidating so yes I'm being lazy. I really just wanted to obtain the basic casino refill and Cayman targeting scripts that are found in "mugging faction" discords. Maybe when I reach 1b stats I'll do some more learning. Right now I'm nerding out on chess.
TartanSpartan [3135704]

I want a script for mugging but I'd don't have the first clue to where to start, I don't know JavaScript well enough or any of the other tbh. I want to learn how to write user scripts any teachers or anyone with some handy PDA userscripts or the skills to do it or help me get started.

Weav3r [1853324] Helper

I'd be beyond surprised if someone put aside the time to teach you how to write scripts. Not out of maliciousness or anything. Most of us have a long list of projects we are doing on our own time in addition to what people may have hired us to do for them. Then factor in the adulting we all have to do. 

 

I can give you a recommendation though, and this is how I got started. Start small. Start taking classes online - FreeCodeCamp is a great resource, and as the title says it's free. At least build a rudimentary understanding. Then find scripts in this forum and begin to tweak them with your own personal touches. Even if it's renaming the text inside a button, every little bit helps and will further your knowledge of how to move to the next step until you're writing entirely new projects on your own.

 

It quickly becomes very addicting and that alone will get you over any hurdle you come across despite the constant frustrations.