Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Display cabinet ???

Started by BoogieMan [2111721] on in Questions & Answers.

23 replies · 663 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
66 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Yoshii87 [2763344] ×1

WaywardSquid [2330087] Officer Officer
Moved to Q&A.

The display cabinet is to store and publicly display items you place in there. It removes them from your items inventory and stores them in there.
Eric28371 [2747133]
Its just to show off ur collection and a merit. for the merit you need to put 3 collectable items in it for a month I believe.
Lollyn [2619037]
The display case has a practical use as well as an aesthetic one: when your inventory becomes too full, you will receive in-game notice of that. (Opening all that stuff slows the game.) Ignore the warning, and you will eventually be unable to play unless you sell off items -- or -- transfer them to your display cabinet. Unlike inventory, there is no limit to display items. Endless storage R us.

You must first use points to purchase the display cabinet, then you can access it from your inventory page.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Cabinet functions are morethan just collector merit n show off your obsession. You need cabinet if you are trader and trade in bulk tbh. That 100k limit inventory is meh esp when you hoard stuffs
Lmao I once bought 180k bricks. It wouldn't let me buy more whenever my inventory hit 100k. Damn it will hurt so much to move around items without cabinet js.
Lohkee [2549042]
There are current limitations of having 100,000 items in your main inventory. Display cabinet is for holding your excess items until they are needed or holding to sell later.

In my case I'm a Tycoon\Trader and have a huge overstock of 9,000 plushie sets and 3,000 flower sets I've been collecting up for museum day turn in (+10% points). I also collect bricks and have over 1 million of them. https://www.torn.com/displaycase.php#display/2549042
Qfiffle [2557282] Committee Committee
It's also useful if you need to store things where you won't accidentally use them. (Though some people put them in their bazaar with ridiculously high prices so no one will buy them).

For example I keep faction-owned items in there like xanax and temps in between wars, or like chain prizes etc, so I remember they belong to the faction. I keep items I'm planning on selling only when we get close to a special event (for example cans leading up to caffeinecon, or flowers/plushies leading up to museum day). I keep all my temps other than needles, smokes and tear, and all my weapons that I won't be using in there during wars so it's faster to find the right things in my inventory. I keep drugs other than xanax in there so I don't accidentally take a vicodin or something when I wake up in the night.
advert [2267832]
my first points purchase is a cabinet… it is very fun to collect stuff, it can (and does) become an addiction… let this be a warning lol
TornFalcon [2042205]
Like above's have said its a space for you to store and collect items.
Now that there is a limit on items you can hold in your inventory w/o affecting gameplay possibly -
you can use the display to hold items you have many of or wish to stock as well as holding mentioned above.

Seriously, take the collection addiction seriously. I thought I was only gonna hold 1000 beers...
[image: i.imgur.com]
4Am [2318684]
yea like my dumbass reading my escape book in the middle of a chain instead of a blood bag

Side note:PUT ALL BOOKS IN DISPLAY UNTIL YOURE READY TO USE THEM. I read this too before and thought naw im not that dumb but when youre moving fast and you click the wrong button without reading you mess up like me
hexxeh [2428617]
So my problem is this regarding the display cabinet. it might not have a limit on stackable items but it has a limit on different items.

I am addicted to buying Plastic swords. i have a good collection of 2.458+ swords, i have them in my display cabinet. at the end of that collection there are some unused or used books.

Apparently Display cabinet has a limit of 1000 non stackable items, thus showing only ~40% of my collection. More over, i cannot retrieve my books anymore since i have to remove 1500 swords from the cabinet in order for the books to show up and then refill the cabinet with the swords.

I wanted to have the biggest sword collection possible, but even if i manage it i cannot show it off. I have already contacted Bogie (where i was informed of the limitations) but i still dont see a solution. should i probably post about it in the suggestions forum?!
Mr_Mestopheles [2048355]
I would post this in "Bugs & Suggestions"
There has to be somewhere to store non inventory items without limitation.
You get messages once your inventory reaches 25,000 and as Dede posted above, once you hit 100,000 inventory items, you can't purchase any more.
I did not know about the 1000 non stackable item limit on the display cabinet.
It needs to be compartmentalised like a library or museum. Customisable would be really good.
eg: Cars Department
Drugs Department
Plushie Department
Petro-Chemical Moulded Weapon Department

Click on Department heading to open up that display