Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

talk

Started by pktrainerpk5 [2697471] on in General Non-related.

12 replies · 108 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
10
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
About time!

The forums have been crying out for years for a thread where we can talk about everyday stuff as some pointless arsehole is bored!

Thank the lord!

So who else likes bread? You get me?
Mr_Paradise [2091342]
Bread rocks. No question abt it. As a broke ass high schooler, Jimmy John’s 50 cent loaf from yesterday is amazing. It’s a white bread, super cheap, and super filling. Goes great with anything. Leave it out on the counter for a week and you have urself a Lethal Loaf. Gets so hard that it won’t break unless u try Really hard.
Asked my brother to try hitting me with it to see how it would hold up. Works as a pretty solid club.
shyleenus [2772040]
I think this topic is neat and wish people posted more.
I love all bread except wheat - I think it tastes weird for some odd reason. All my roommates say I hate flavor for it but that flavor is just… tolerable to me.


I am not a blacksmith but I think it’s super neat you do it and have always thought about possibly learning myself. How long have you been smithing? :3

DISCLAIMER: sad vent
I’m not sure why, but I’m feeling really lonely right now. I feel like I want to do something or talk to someone but I’m also not entirely sure. Feeling restless and exhausted? Do I want to do something? Should I just sleep, seeing as it’s almost 5am? Obviously I’m not actually looking for anyone to answer my questions bud I’m just filled with an unsatisfied feeling and can’t quite figure it out.
Midnitemiles [915081]
Tornado;

I had the day off yesterday and decided to go grocery shopping later, after my youngest got home from school. Around 3:00 pm a big storm went over my house. I saw the biggest hail coming down that I have ever seen before. It was coming down in ice cube size chunks. I was checking in with my youngest who was on the bus as well as my husband and our two older kids. Everyone was fine, safe. Although my son on the bus said there were trees down, power lines and the little kids were screaming on the bus.

Within 20 minutes I was hearing reports of a tornado touching down in a nearby town. I live in a place where tornados are pretty uncommon. The town nearby was really thrashed by the tornado. This was the town I was going to go grocery shopping in. I am glad I decided to wait until my son got home because I would have been in the middle of the tornado. The tornado went over a trailer park, trashed a Hobby Lobby, the Goodwill was really messed up. A RV dealership looks like the RVs were just stacked up into a giant pile of twisted up metal. Trucks/cars were turned over. Seeing videos and pictures of the damage is so surreal. Again, we hardly ever get tornadoes in out State, especially not in the northern part.

I work in a long term medical care facility, I am so thankful it didn't get hit and our little town wasn't damaged too much. It is sobering to see the capacity of damage that can happen in such a brief instance. If anyone is interested in looking up the town that was hit, it is called Gaylord, Michigan.
Mr_Paradise [2091342]
It’s always a shame when people and things get hurt by storms, idk what y’all get in Michigan, but in North Texas, it seems like tornadoes r as common a squirrels.
Midnitemiles [915081]
it's very rare for us to get tornadoes in Mich. We do have squirrels. Typically through, the storms we get are related to snow. Living in Northern Michigan we have even a lesser chance of tornadoes. This tornado is the strongest to impact Michigan in over 10 years.

Imagine a snowstorm in Texas. It's a rare occurrence and you aren't prepared. Similarly, we aren't prepared for tornadoes. Also, these extreme weather changes are cause for concern.
Mr_Paradise [2091342]
? we had one. It kicked all out asses. Think we were of the few people around us prepared bc my father and I prepare for just about everything. It was rather in-fun.