Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

15 Years Playing

Started by VeteranDemon [457059] on in Achievements.

21 replies · 621 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
22
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

VeteranDemon [457059]
So, I'm not one to boast about achievements but I do think this is noteworthy.

About 15 years ago I started playing this text based game in school, using a VPN to get around the school firewall (I mean at home using legitimate techniques). After playing for a few years I lost interest as work took precedence but alas I returned and here we are.

I have witnessed Torn Dogs, voting on TOPRPG for points, RESPO, the big reset (Yes I am old enough to have the Time Traveler Award) chaining change about 5 times, hit level 100, use a GAK, Bogie become community manager and have seen the rise and fall of Relentless and Unrelenting, turning into the behemoth that is now Monarch.

15 years seems to have flown by, but here's to another 15 where I will be nearly 48 by that point, however we might see crimes 2.0 release at some point in there
Gothologist [2306065] Wiki Contributor
I thought "Torn Dogs" was a very creative name for some sort of eating competition previously done until I realized you meant the whole dog fights thing lol


congrats on being old tho !
VeteranDemon [457059]
Maybe it could be an eating competition for a new drug called a "Torn Dog" @Ched and @Bogie.. this needs to happen. Even if its an April 1st kinda thing
Mooha [2777163]
Hey that's pretty awesome :) myself I've been here a week as of yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Cool to see it keeps users around this long, says good things about the game
mrnoob2 [2770824]
Congrats! I started playing around that time too, but stopped for... Well, until very recently. Do you remember that virus that went through people's bios (back when there were bios)?
Sweeney_Todd [27468]
But do you remember before there were factions?

Pretending to be old is all well and good, but I remember seeing your IDs and just thinking...

Noobs...
ShortStack [205129]
I also started playing at School. I went to a school on the North side of the Mendips, and the word was that this older kid at a school on the south side of the Mendips had made this online game and so we illegitimately used the library computers (also around the firewall) to play the hell out of it. Thank you for taking me back to those memories, I'd almost forgotten them.
DeathDiviner [1729232]
Ah the old IRC days - and Torn Radio! I had an old account before I restarted that had some pretty cool memories!

im not as old as some of you grey fogies, but I remember using the old BBCode in bios and asking MissMinx to play some shit early 2,000s bangers on Torn Radio