Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Unicode?

Started by SupaShark [2746403] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 107 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
42 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

GekkoKamen [633869] ×1 angiepr [1346563] ×1

SupaShark [2746403]
Looks like there's a unicode? Issue on two of the names on 'Spawn of Torn' section of the community centre page. I have tested on Kiwi browser and mobile app, can't confirm if this is the case with others.

'GekkoKamen + angiepr = Josu0439 Maru043daBorn in 2011'

https://www.torn.com/fans.php#tab=spawn

Mentions: angiepr [1346563] · GekkoKamen [633869]

serhiid [2307949] Admin Staff
Hello
I've checked the codebase and have not found any places that may cause such an issue.
Unfortunately, I don't know if the name is correct.
Thanks!
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I suppose it is just possible to correct this if it is an isolated case.

I will pass this along to Joe.

Thanks!
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
There's no actual page or code issue here, that's the actual content of the row it seems.
Perhaps I'll ask Joshua if he knows or remembers what this row should read, if not we'll perhaps have to delete it.
Thanks.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
This is long before my time, if this was listed in 2011 I would only have been a wee helper back then.

I can't find anything in logs or notes from that era regarding this.

My guess is maybe some sort of Cyrillic? https://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0439/index.htm but without having anything to go on, and neither player there is going to be available to help correct this, I think the best action is to remove this row.

I've sorted this.