Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hunting

Started by Blasted [1934909] Helper on in Bugs & Issues.

6 replies · 142 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
5
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
39 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

Bantor [2179037] ×2

Blasted [1934909] Helper
So I saw this rare case of hunting skill gained. to my knowledge, the gains start at 0.1 and reduce overtime, at least that's the trend i've seen from asking around. then there's this:

[image: i.imgur.com]
it's not my log btw
Blasted [1934909] Helper
19:30:59 - 24/07/19 not sure when it was in 2019 tho? it's 27th - 29th this year but that's highly likely
so there's this:

00:40:29 - 29/07/19 You used 10 energy and paid $500 to go on a beginners hunting session earning $0 and increasing your hunting skill by 1.304 to 4.1385 - likely tiger day

all the way to the 31st:

19:46:35 - 31/07/19 You used 10 energy and paid $500 to go on a beginners hunting session earning $0 and increasing your hunting skill by 0.1033 to 8.7817





and this before the above:

19:30:59 - 24/07/19 You used 10 energy and paid $500 to go on a beginners hunting session earning $250 and increasing your hunting skill by 1 to 1.0000 - i don't think this is tiger day

i can provide user id if staff requires it
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Please provide the player ID.

In such case, it is ALWAYS better if the affected person files a bug report for themselves, it is easier for me as well as developers to contact the user directly instead of jumping through hoops.
Bantor [2179037]
Bantor [2179037]

That is my screenshot.

But I'm not affected, nor do I consider it a bug. I never considered a bug report. I tried to explain about why https://wiki.torn.com/wiki/Hunting#Hunting_skill is not like how I experienced it now I look back at it.

You start off at 0 hunting skill, and to begin with you gain under 0.1 per hunt. Thus, a full energy bar will get you a skill level of about 1.2 if you are just starting out.
I only spent 20 energy and $1000 (in 2019) to gain already more compared to what the wiki mentioned you would get for spending a full energy bar. It is not clear whether they meant a full energy bar of 100 energy (without donator status) or 150 energy (with donator status). So I talked to someone from the wiki team, thinking that the wiki was not entirely correct and could use a small update. Having said that, I do not have access to experiences of other players, that is what the wiki team excels in: to bundle the experiences.

I had a conversation with Blasted about it. He was confused about my gains and we were both confused about the second peak. Then we realised World Tiger Day should have increased the gains, which would prove the increase in hunting skill gains. But according to Blasted it shouldn't be that high, which is probably why he filed a bug report, or maybe it was because of the fact that my initial gains were higher compared to what the wiki team thought...

From my experience, hunting starts quite good, but the gains become less and less (until around the 0,1 gains per 10 energy and $500 spend -> yes, the 0,1 the wiki mentions). I shared the screenshot he posted and my logs with him to build up my evidence why I think the wiki should have a small update.

And this is an animation I made from my screenshots of my first time hunting (with a few seconds difference because i had to manually prntscrn every time since there was no activity log at the time):
[image: i.imgur.com]

Blasted already gave the logs, so you can confirm that is what happened.

I cannot remember if there was a graph of the hunting skill gains in the old wiki, but with what I have gathered I can make a detailed one for as far as I got with hunting.

To make it visual (very simple):
[image: i.imgur.com][image: i.imgur.com]
[image: i.imgur.com]

Mentions: Bantor [2179037]