Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hits not being counted

Started by ThunderBlitz [2684774] on in Bugs & Issues.

4 replies · 85 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
5
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
40 / 100
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
I searched for what I put in the title, no clue what else to search for in this issue and couldn't find anything related manually.

Anyway, just tried attack an "easy picking", after many successful hits, their health bar remained full (see below screenshot).

[image: transfer.sh]

Worse still, this glitch allowed someone else to swoop in and beat both of us. :-(

Before anyone asks, the only way I can think to reproduce the issue is for the glitch to occur again. So, hopefully the server logs (behind the scenes) might hold more answers than I can provide... :-/
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
You were dealing zero damage per the attack log. It appears that you had switched the view, and you were viewing your own player model when you grabbed the screenshot. In mobile layout, when you are in an attack you can click your name at the top of the panel to change to self view, where you can view the opponent's weapons and your own avatar. Clicking on the opponent's name will switch back to the normal view where you can resume attacking.

[image: i.imgur.com]
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
There's a separate issue related to the stats score which granted you this difficult target. I have discussed this with Joe, I will assign the bug report to him to address this issue.

Thanks..!!
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Sorry but I need to correct you here.

I didn't click on either name at all. Also, the image in the screenshots is definitely not my avatar, as I'm using the motorcycle helmet & combat armour (I always see the opponent's avatar when I'm attacking, so can only assume that's what always loads by default). Also, my own health bar didn't decrease either, until a third party beat me with a single hit, so either way, something wasn't working right here (if those hits indicated were on me, which they weren't).

As for dealing zero damage, with a DBK and higher stats (on an inactive opponent); that alone seems a bit buggy to me but, I'm obviously no expert (being genuine here :-) ). I use the PDA app exclusively and, while I'm aware its battle stats prediction can be inaccurate for older accounts 1000+ days), its ballpark figure hasn't steered me wrong yet. Just adding this last part, in case there is more to it than just a wonky matchup system. :-)