Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Today I Learned

Started by Sidgar [1828507] on in Fun & Games.

45 replies · 304 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 46 / 46 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
46
Discussion span
→
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Shaun1701 [2737933]
Yesterday I learned that Elliot page the star of
juno
xmen
inception
umberella academy

is in fact male I had no idea
HappyHaddy [2097694]
TIL that the bees in Europe are substantially larger than those in America for whatever reason! If anyone can give me insight as to why I would greatly appreciate it!
kalladah [2796797]
Today I learned, that people prefer to waste several days searching for the source of fault, instead of reading the manual to narrow down the possibilities.

Well not that I didn't notice it before, but it struck me when one of my engineers was arguing with me, fighting not even to touch the manual, like it's some kind of cryptonite to them. The f**ker would rather dismantle the whole comms terminal and spend next week trying to figure out what is what, then open the damn book.
Sleepwalker [2791877]
Today I learned that if you're getting an MRI of your brain they put a cage around your head and if you're me you'll have a full blown panic attack in the middle.

Also that the dye the inject can cause a disease if your kidneys don't filter it out well enough.
TornFalcon [2042205]
TIL if you're having a sloppy group meal - put clean wet towels into a crock pot to warm them up for people to use and hand towels when done.
We had a crayfish boil, and one of the ladies did this for when we were done. worked out great.