Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Mobile app issues

Started by Fordeaux [2199085] on in Bugs & Issues.

8 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
4
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100

Most-liked replies

Fordeaux [2199085]
Hey there,

I've been experiencing a few faults with the mobile app recently.

Firstly, the app will at random crash and drop from my screen. Nothing particularly triggers this (I have had it whilst browsing the forum, making hits and flying). I have cleared my cache to check if the issue was my end and it still keeps happening.

Secondly, I use about 70% zoom when using the app but it constantly rescales to 100+% and even goes a bit wonky and unaligned sometimes leaving me unable to use it or even correct the zoom under the settings tab until I close the app and restart. This happens randomly aswell and nothing particular seems to trigger it. The problem still persists even if I uninstall the web app view services like suggested in the previous bug fix that was similar to this. See this image for the unaligned issue which loses my chats etc:
[image: i.ibb.co]


Is this just an issue with using Android?

Thanks


Device: samsung SM-G781B Android: 12 App version: 1.8.5
SheepShagger [2615848]
Device: OPPO CPH2195 Android: 12 App version: 1.8.5
Everytime I open app on mobile it seems to force close and then I got to reopen it again for it to work properly I have cleared cache and uninstalled and installed doesn't seem to do anything
Thanks
Milkbags [2183655]
Device: Xiaomi 2201123G Android: 12 App version: 1.8.5


My Torn app is force closing on a regular basis.




Slightly annoying, especially when I'm trying to sell something or chat with someone I have to start over each time.




Doesn't happen with any other app so I'm not sure if it's my device or the app.








My device I am using is a




Xiaomi Mi 12 Global 8+3 ram, 256GB


I can't take screen shots because it happens so quickly and arbitrarily.
ZombiebabeX [2517272]
Device: samsung SM-S908U
Android: 12
App version: 1.8.5




Starting to happen more frequently to me as well now. Torn just closing to my homescreen at random times.


*Edit - I was able to capture a screen recording of it crashing today


I was reading Andymans Trigger Finger post > finished reading the first comment, and after scrolling to the 3rd and 4th comments, it crashed to homescreen
vadimto [1979277] Admin Staff
Are you using the Torn widget? As I see from the report it is related to the widget. In the new Android API added some restrictions and app can be crashed. I have updated it and the fix will be in the next app update. Thanks!