Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need a comic made

Started by BaronVonDude [2169790] on in Graphics.

7 replies · 180 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
19 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100

Most-liked replies

BaronVonDude [2169790]
Need a comic made

Simple idea:

1. Me w a guy asking to buy a PI

2. Me saying absolutely, (builds PI) trade set

3. Guy losses it all in RR while trade is set

4. Me with a perturbed look on my face

Need Imgr link for submission
EIemenopea [2770296]
Ooof. I had no idea. Matter of fact, I *know* (but won't say who) artists on here who take comic comissions. Two even got approved in the short time I've been on Torn.
EarthFireMonkey [2620167]
Collaborations are allowed. (See the line below the one grif highlighted).

I have done a few - see my thread and profile sig.

However, I would not consider one simple line of text to be a collab. To avoid falling foul of the rules I would expect to collab regarding direction on style, colours, composition. And the best collabs come from players who have drawn their own orginal art but maybe it wasn't up to standard the first time or mayeb they know the quality is too low. Then I help them improve upon it and do the final drawing.

Not everyone has the artistic ability, so I think this is a fair method to access that merit and I have been open about the process even including both players names on some sumbissions. Never had one declined for this reason.

Also I do not take any payment as per the above guidelines, instead we share the points prize awarded and they get the merit. Everyone is a winner.

I happen to know pther prolific artists do the same thing (a very distinctive art style is hard to miss when you pay regular attention to the paper).

If someone wants to have a go themselves but doesnt know how, Im also happy to do my best to advise and get them to the standard.