Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Improving Torn

Started by TeflonNon [2736158] on in Suggestions.

3 replies · 44 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
25 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
36 / 100
TeflonNon [2736158]
I've been a player here for less than a year, and maybe I'm the only one that gets bugged by such things (sorry, Grumpy Old Man in training here), but I had a couple of ideas that might cause fewer headaches for users.

On the Item Menu, and when deleting events from your log, the boxes that you have to highlight (the squares on the right-hand side that you have to click) seem to be very tiny. I was wondering if anyone else would prefer them to be slightly bigger, for ease of use?

Second, when it comes to Missions, your Agent Standing increases (and probably decreases when you fail a mission) but it's never even close to clear how close you are to the next level. We see a green segement in the top-left corner, and it could mean that you're 1 mission away or 20. There's no indication.

Third, when Racing, it seems that there's no indication of when you're likely to level up there either. Sure, you can take a look for levelling guides on the forums, etc. but it still feels like it'd be nicer to have something telling you just how close you are.

Maybe these are the ramblings of a picky, Oscar the Grouch type, but if anyone else feels the same, let me know.

Many thanks,

Tef.
JackKelly [2271177]
I feel ya on the check boxes, simply because my vision is bad and I'm playing via wireless mouse and keyboard from across the room, but I usually hit the "check all" button.

The missions I never really cared about my agent standing very much, and you should hit expert pretty soon. Which is the highest standing.

There is a racing script that shows how much racing skill you gain after each race and adds a few places past the decimal point, so you get a more accurate idea of where you are at. (Changes the color of you car too) I doubt you want to go to the trouble of adding it, but just letting you know there is a fix for that one if you want. You can dm if interested, and I'll track down the link.
Elizabeth [2339829]
For the check boxes, you should be able to just zoom in to check them. If you're on mobile, fair enough, being able to change the UI size would certainly be nice, though I imagine not exactly the easiest thing to implement. Still a reasonable request though.

For the Agent Standing, he should tell you how many missions he wants you to finish and consequently how many you've finished. Assuming that's what you're talking about.

With racing, your Class is based on the number of racing points you've won. You should be able to find exactly how many you need for each level on the [WIKI]. You can check how many you've won in your personal stats. I know it's not a progress bar or anything, but it works at least for now.
TeflonNon [2736158]
Fair answers all, Elizabeth, and in all honesty I do zoom into the screen to help with box ticking. Maybe it's because my eyesight is awful, but it doesn't help much/at all.