is this enough to leave torn city fore evrrrrrr?
new login box
Started by CrankHole [275239] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 18
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 15
- Likes on archived posts
- 42
- Authority score
- 51 / 100
- Historical score
- 22 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
You guys log out of torn? XD
what do you expect, torn dont advance at all? you would like to connect to torn using 14.4kb modem still ?
What's outside of Torn like? I've never been out of Torn.
Idk, I have never logged out.
wait what login box? my bot auto logs in for me i never noticed it...
Absolutely, without a doubt. Since you're leaving. Can I have your stuff?
last time I left Torn was for rehab
Everything has to be Google.
and its our own fault we're used to doing that 1 click to signup cuz convenience you know, rather than manually typing an email and password.
Torn was already using Firebase for some features, and adding Google login is about 7 minutes work if you're already using Firebase. From cost/benefit viewpoint, it would be stupid not to add it.
Facebook, Twitter, Github, and Mobile Phone login is equally as trivial, so I expect to see those introduced pretty soon.
Facebook, Twitter, Github, and Mobile Phone login is equally as trivial, so I expect to see those introduced pretty soon.
I think it would be good for the game. I do , however, hope we can avoid adding any Facebook trackers. Otherwise Zuck will serve me rehab adds shortly :p
Right now, the only tracker I see in my blocker plugin (uBlock Origin) is Google Tag Manager.
So I think we're safe
So I think we're safe
What's firebase?
Yes leave please :>
Google's app development platform. Provides features like storage, analytics, authentication, A/B testing, and a bunch of other stuff in a easy-to-use platform for the low low price of selling your website's soul to Google (and some cash)
Google's app development platform.
Eh... kinda. It's a subset of GCloud with a focus on DX (developer experience) that is fully interoperable with the larger GCloud suite. It's power is that it lets solo devs or small teams use fully-fledged cloud functionality and scaling without needing to hire a devop. It is also wonderful for getting a prototype from inception to live within a day because it handles all the donkey work for you.
for the low low price of selling your website's soul to Google
It's entirely opt-in. You can just use it to store files independent of your application if you want. Sure, if you wanna track your users and whatnot, you can, but it isn't a requirement. I use it just as a nosql datastore quite a lot.
and some cash
The payment plan is one of its biggest pulls for a lot of devs. It is free until you scale to the point that it's not, in which case you should be making money already anyway, or you suck at business.
everything at some point needs an upgrade or two