Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Assigned impossible Mission

Started by App_Heretical [2671880] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 256 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
58 / 100
Historical score
30 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

JR0C [1418114] ×2

App_Heretical [2671880]
I'm currently posting this with TornTools enabled.

I was assigned an impossible mission.
The target of this "Motivator" Mission can not hit me *and* I do too much damage to not win my attack!

1) I was provided this target for a *possible* Mission, yesterday. JR0C [1418114] https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=1418114

2) I accepted the Mission, yesterday.

3) I removed *all* my armour, removed all my blood, and attacked with fists. I 'Escaped' my attack before my victory. (see Attk_log_1.jpg)
[image: snipboard.io]

4) Next, I removed *all* my armour, removed all my blood, and attacked with a bad plastic sword (because I hit three times more often with my pillow!). I 'Escaped' my attack before my victory. (see Attk_log_2.jpg)
[image: snipboard.io]

I can *not* lose this battle to complete the Mission!

Apparently Heretical :-)

Mentions: JR0C [1418114]

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
You have to lose or stalemate, I'd recommend using a rusty sword instead of your choices of weapons there.
App_Heretical [2671880]
4) As directed, I bought the *worst* rusty sword I could find. (Unavoidably,rusty swords have four times the damage capability of the plastic sword.)

5) Removed my armour and blood, again.

6) I was forced to 'Escape' the attack before the second hit in case I got a critical hit!
[image: snipboard.io]

I still can not complete this mission. :-)

App_H
YellowFlash [2694731]
Have a strong friend initiate an attack on you and hit you with Blowgun before you attack your target.

Poison would kill you in few turns and would count as you lost your attack.
App_Heretical [2671880]
I guess that *might* work. But how many more $millions do I need to spend on Energy before it will work?

App

BTW: Wouldn't my friend get the victory rather than the character assigned in the Mission? And/or would that fail the Mission?
Shinigamix [1971470]
Besides having xanax debuff what comes to my mind is getting a few guys to attack you with stat reducing weapons beforehand or with like irradiate
Alfi [2156072]
No he’s correct and this is very good advice. I’ve had to use this strategy before to pass this mission type.
HerpSac [2117255]
it doesnt count towards them winning, as you dont take poison damage outside of fights, once their fight is over. you can also get tear gassed to reduce your dex and increase the chances of receiving a damaging hit.

you may want to start a fight with no health or armor and on xanax debuff with your mission target, then have someone join and throw a tear gas at you, reducing your dex and giving your mission target a distraction bonus on you for a turn. dont forget to time your fight around your natural health regen. would suck to have a chunk of it heal mid fight.
App_Heretical [2671880]
I have attacked three times plus 9 blood bags. I would need to attack again at least once *and* someone would need to attack me at least once.

That would be a minimum of 5 attacks (at 25 E each), yes? And how much would have been spent on E-cans (at 25 E each) to get that?

App :-)
Five [959585]
What about a mission where you need to attack 7 people for a few credits? Blood bags should be free from your faction, could be much worse, isn’t the end of the world and if someone is complaining about using 25e to help a member out that’s not great
-SnowQueen- [2699010]
I received this same mission today. The assigned player was an incredibly weak Level 13 and I did not think it would be possible to lose or stalemate, but I found this thread (and earlier reports on the same mission) and followed the recommendations. I could not succeed either.

I first let the fight time out, just to be sure. Predictably, this did not work.

I then took a Xanax, removed all armor, bought and equipped a rusty sword, took irradiated blood, then finished with a Neumune tablet.

I began the fight with just 1 life point and 11% off each of my battle stats. I only attacked with the rusty sword.

The other player didn’t land a single blow in 3 rounds. I “won,” losing the mission and a couple million in costs. (Coincidentally, App is my spouse, so our vault balance is taking a double whammy!) Much more so than the $, I am very unhappy about a lost mission that was merely supposed to be “Hard.”

[image: snipboard.io]

01:23:45 - 16/08/22 You used 25 energy anonymously attacking SlothFinn and defeated them (chain #1) [view]

Please let me know if you need any other info.

SQ
-SnowQueen- [2699010]
I am attaching some of SlothFinn’s personal stats to reinforce the absolute futility of this mission. In his Torn career of 7 hours, he won a total of 2 attacks — with Level 1 the max level beaten.


This account never should have been presented for the mission. If nothing else, I would greatly appreciate the “loss” removed from my mission record.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Cheers,
SQ


[image: snipboard.io][image: snipboard.io]

[image: snipboard.io]
-SnowQueen- [2699010]
I just saw that this thread has been flagged as “Bug Closed.” Does that mean no one will review my report, which I attached to an existing report for the same problem as requested by the instructions?

The Motivator mission has been highlighted in the forums every couple years as “in need of a formula review” with all players reporting near-identical facts, and I have not found any documentation resolving the matter.

Please review…