I was curious as to who had me on their enemy list - is there a way inactives over x amount of days can be off tnem as I know a lot of members use these references to gauge or assume the type of player one is?
Enemy list clean ups?
Started by Humble [365092] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 16 / 16 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 16
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 15
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 66 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
i don't think there's such a mechanic. you can try posting a suggestion tho, i'll upvote ^-^
It's definitely been suggested before. I know I still have a couple who have been inactive for 1k days or more. :/
Enemies list expires when a player goes inactive | Suggestions… (torn.com)
Enemies list expires when a player goes inactive | Suggestions… (torn.com)
| Detective Agency | 5 | Friend or Foe | 100 | See who's friended / blacklisted you (or a target) |
but like Blasted said no in-game mechanic for an inactive to "drop" you off the list.
prolly because it follows the "they might come back" train of thought.
I don't think that's a really good idea.
My enemy list, like many other's, contains only BUY muggers or players who usually tend to have a missbehavior in game.
So if someone is on my list, it's a mark for others to avoid that someone - something like a RL 'criminal record'.
My enemy list, like many other's, contains only BUY muggers or players who usually tend to have a missbehavior in game.
So if someone is on my list, it's a mark for others to avoid that someone - something like a RL 'criminal record'.
except that no one else can see your enemies list. So it really isn't that effective of a warning system.
i think he means that he wouldn't want people on his enemy page to be removed if he was inactive, as a sort of permanent record of what they did. People don't have to know that it was him who added, they just need to see the number of enemies the other person has.
Ok, yeah that makes more sense. I totally read that wrong.
My point stands about the ineffective warning system though.
My point stands about the ineffective warning system though.
If someone's Enemy number is high (relative to his age - i don't really use an exact age-enemy mapping) , then for sure an warning is raised.
I apply this rule when trading, or when I get multiple attacks for someone (lot's of enemy means he's a bully and I let him be), or when I get random messages with all sort of offers.
It's true that after a while spent on Torn, this is not relevant anymore for me; but in early days in Torn it saved me many times from scams.
I apply this rule when trading, or when I get multiple attacks for someone (lot's of enemy means he's a bully and I let him be), or when I get random messages with all sort of offers.
It's true that after a while spent on Torn, this is not relevant anymore for me; but in early days in Torn it saved me many times from scams.
I feel ya. I can agree with that. Particularly about it being very useful early on.
The closest thing to this mechanic is fedded players and enemy lists.
If someone has added you to their enemies list and they go to fed jail their list gets wiped after a month.
If someone has added you to their enemies list and they go to fed jail their list gets wiped after a month.
is this true for "temp feds" as well?
i notice viracocha still has me on his enemy list; i got a reveal a couple days ago
ps: happy 45 days everybody! lol
i notice viracocha still has me on his enemy list; i got a reveal a couple days ago
ps: happy 45 days everybody! lol
Only if they're "999d" (i.e. marked for deletion)
Not sure how common, but I've read about at least one guy who had multies adding him. I believe it was resolved, but he figured it out using the detective agency special, probably would have gone unnoticed if he hadn't.
I work hard for my enemies and would be very disappointed if they got removed. No ty
Having a big pool of enemies is a badge of honor.