Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Hot sauce

Started by ValentineBane [1810481] on in Food & Cooking.

19 replies · 134 views · thread synced · 14 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
11
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

ValentineBane [1810481]
What's everyones hot sauce they been using since the Sriracha shortage? I'm now on my last bottle.
Ive been using El Yucateco Hot Sauce it has the right heat and long lasting burn. Only bad thing about it is that it's in a small ass bottle for the price.
Kajal [2542083]
how do you make it? i tried roasting our home-grown ghost peppers once to make a sauce but the ventilation in our kitchen isn't great and i thought my soul was on fire
Kajal [2542083]
right on... i've done lemon pickle this way but never tried hot sauce... i wonder if it'll work with frozen ghost peppers? hmm
Tux [2571279]
This is super useful, thank you!

In regards to strength, what kind of peppers do you use? And how many? The article states a lower Scoville pepper was used. I've started growing some carolina reapers and was wondering how to go about this without dying.
Sannemander [2088627]
You can use what you want and like, for me, it depends what I have growing, this year a mix, some softer sweeter chilies, a bit of habanero and black olive chilies, I like it hot, but not too hot. For the rest I put some onion and garlic, after the fermentation I might add some herbs, although I like it fairly simple.
Sannemander [2088627]
Should work yes. Shouldn't matter for the fermentation, as long as they are not dried I think, although I never tried it with dry peppers
Eric28371 [2747133]
Still have the sriracha at my house one or to bottles left >:). Also I use Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp Hot Sauce its good afk just add a bit of soy sauce to it and booooom
Tux [2571279]
Ha! Well I'll just have to wait and see how mine turns out. I'm new to growing things and ran into some issues initially, but things are growing well so far (indoors).
Mr-Fixer [447734]
I cut my hot sauce with tamarind paste but I load mine out with onion, garlic, ginger, star anise, cinnamon sticks, bay leaves, pepper corns, cumin, salt, n a few other things ( trade secret lol ) i also let it age for quiet a while as well in the bottle, making sure cutting all the stem off the chilli cause the stems make it bitter. and I always use a variety of peppers to add depth to the sauce. and I blend all the spice in eg the cinnamon sticks etc I never remove them.
CaleHenry [2619039]
One will be enough for a good sauce. Add in some other peppers. Mango habanero hot sauce is one of my favorites, and using a reaper is even better.

I found I produced more when planted in a gallon pot rather than the ground, but my growing season isn’t quite long enough.
PharmaGod [2118297]
Tabasco has a great Sriracha alternative. I like it better.

I should probably be ashamed of my large hot sauce collection. I use too many different sauces to name.