Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Black friday--- Shame on You !!!

Started by Atirudra [2795815] on in Graveyard.

51 replies · 1.33k views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
52
Discussion span
→
Authority score
42 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
77 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Atirudra [2795815]
Hi fellow Torners , I had to write to the staff and I wish to mention it here on this forum that NOT much have happened as it was mentioned in the news paper article! I followed different time slots from 5AM TCT till 9 , than from 13-14 TCT than from 17-till now . I scanned ALL BAZARS available for 1$ items . The result is SHAMEFULL . First of all half of 1/3 of the bazars where closed or non existent with no items. That is concerning the sellers. Second thing all this bullock of ALL ITEMS WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY delirium THX TO THE SUPER GREAT NEW SYSTEM has done -created the WORST experience of an event of all I have experienced in this 4 month of my short life in Torn. THX to the GREAT organizers and programmers and for the announcement in the great news paper. I think I rather avoid EVENTS all together from now on! thx
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official
A. This systems is not new.
B. Sorry you have the exact same odds as anyone else?
C. Paragraphs are your friend.
D. eez nuts
Darqfate [2748079]
i felt the same way. How can 99% of everything be locked and only shit stuff like hammers and baseball bats are always unlocked. There was way to much fluff allowed in the bazaars which screwed the chance for good items to be unlocked for people
BritishBenji [2257611]
I took part in neither, and can honestly say I've enjoyed not participating in this one more simply for the amount of people bitching in the forums
Ripley [2180244]
Pretty sure the amount of stuff doesn't affect the odds of any particular item being unlocked. Also, we've got some awfully choosy beggars in this game.
SecondEden [2680662]
I mean ngl having buying power limited by RNG isn't a good solution to the problem either. Last year was more fun because even though it was a rush to try to buy something it was a game of time and hope that you can click faster than the other guy. It was closer to the black Friday spirit than this.

I would suggest a giant department store somewhere in torn but people sign up to throw items in it similar to how the dump works. But it doesn't just throw the items straight in, it feeds them one item at a time at a rapid pace in 10 minutes intervals.

I.E. 10 minutes of items, 5 minute break, 10 minutes of items, 5 minute break.

Players could load an "inventory" so to speak and automate the whole process.

At the same time, you can only buy up to 5 items every 4 hours. That way it's more spread out but simultaneously limited so people can't just snipe everything.
Prevalence [2825160]
I mean, items go so insanely fast that it might appear some people have nothing.

I went from like 6k individual items to 2k in 3-4 minutes.

If you're only putting in 1k, it's gone in less than a minute.
herogewier [2663645]
Think it works much better now, When you keep refressing and specially on sellers wo put on more and more often you can get more now then last year. Last year my efforts where much higher and saw so much articles but almost always to late or to slow internet to get them. So for me today it is much more fun and hope it will stay a bit like this. They still should find something to spread an article where is put more of on the market over different groups and maybe after 1 minute not buying appoint the articles to a new group.
Atirudra [2795815]
Excellent idea SecondEden , its not only bitching about things ut offering a much much MUCH better solution , THANK YOU very MUCH !!!
So many creative ppl and made the event MUCH WORST than could be!
Atirudra [2795815]
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16307072&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=23003732 I did press refreshing so many times and did not help ( as they mentioned in the newspaper article)