A TLDR was suggested: the education tab has been unused for far too long. I offer an ide for improvements to make it a bit more dynamic yet benifical for long term players.
I always thought the education system in the game was a decent idea. Go through different courses, spend some time and you get perks & such. However like many people, i completed everything ages ago and now its kind of a wasted feature. I think it would be nice if there were new classes added but with a bit of a twist. New "masters" classes that were a bit more extensive and potentially required hw (ex a biology class requiring you to go to SA to hunt a lion or something) this could be a random or set occurrence. To change it from the set and forget of the normal edu courses, but at the same time not being tedious. Furthermore completing certain masters courses could unlock a PHD course. These would be the new endgame for education. You can only be in 1 PHD course at a time and must have prerequisite masters courses done. The courses would be set up like a tech tree, but similarly to the torn jobs (grocer,army,doctor ect) you spend time and eventually you unlock a new branch of research, and eventually another. After that you would be at the end of a unique branch that could have a unique bonus too. As long as you stay studying you keep the bonus. Should you switch you have to work through the othe phd course, amd same even if you switch back. That way you can try a different bonus/perk in that program.
I think this would be a neat feature that would add value to the game. Also give each player a bit of uniqueness as you cant horde all the phd perks, everyones gotta pick but at the same time it dosent lock you in. I dont think this would be too hard to implement as torn already has similar features across the site. But im not a programmer so who knows. Hopefully im explaining this well enough to make sense. Id be happy to explain anything that dosen't.
Staff asked a while back about ideas for education; there weren't a lot of specific suggestions. I remember I said it would be nice if education tied in more deeply to job qualifications somehow, like some jobs were education-locked or had boosted effectiveness if you'd finished certain courses. I like your idea of having to actually do things to complete certain courses and of having further qualifications in a given subject rather than having the only course for progression to grind out a bachelor's in everything. This seems to be something the powers that be actually want to implement; hopefully, discussion about the specifics helps get it done.
[image: media1.giphy.com]
Just kidding of course. I be *up for something more added. What and how is above my pay grade. I can't imagine being one of those who have completed all the classes years ago waiting for anything new. Long ass wait.
*added word
@[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]Ripley[/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)] [/background][background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)][2180244]. That would be a neat idea, it would certainly change the game a bit for new players, it would leave the older players out. Maybe its time for education 2.0. Amd smash both of the ideas together.[/background]
I don't think it would necessarily be bad for older players; they'd just have to pick a field for graduate study, the same as anyone else. Or maybe it shouldn't be ideal for everyone to even take one. Make it more like real life, where you pick one or none as a way to "specialize your character." I like choices that matter.
This sounds like a fabulous idea. I'm not quite done edu yet but almost there. It would be great to have further education options.
Definitely sounds structured
I really like the idea of having to do stuff as homework, there could be many cool things added with the new education courses as well.
Keep working on this. This is a good idea. The tricky bit (IMHO) with education is that it doesn't require active gameplay (just time) and not much in terms of resources (just a bit of money). That means the benefits it brings must be small as well. If you accept that restriction (that the rewards must be pretty underwhelming), it's hard to see how much more could be done. However, if we change that calculation a bit (ie requiring more active gameplay or more time or more resources), then things can get interesting again. The homework example fits in here. If you need to do something active (like a mission) then we can give better rewards. I also love the idea of tying it in with other aspects of the game (like jobs). There are lots of opportunities for education to get more complicated and interesting. Great work!