Grave
Grave please.
Started by Vortuitous [2844636] on in Graveyard.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 34 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 53 / 100
- Engagement score
- 58 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
I reach out to friends and acquaintances who i feel are feeling down and be there as somebody they can talk to. Trying to help in any way
Firstly, thanks a lot for this post. It's a really important post which many of us overlook these days. I too am going through something huge in personal life and find everyday a struggle to get through. While I have times when I feel nothing can be done, I make it a point to keep working out and eating what I like. I know sometimes you don't feel like doing anything, and the other extreme is doing everything you can. I like doing everything because it keeps my mind occupied and stops me from going in a neverending loop about things I can't control.
And of course I have my wife, who is also my Torn spouse to talk to everyday. She's the biggest support I have :)
And of course I have my wife, who is also my Torn spouse to talk to everyday. She's the biggest support I have :)
As a man we feel weak speaking up thank you for creating this
Good wine, good friends, good chat xx
Promote the better mental wellness? Man, I don't have any in-depth understanding about this topic. Anyway, is the laziness or the inability to gather passion or spirit or motivation to do something part of mental issue? Or is just lazy is lazy, there is no other pathetic excuse?
Signed up to the gym to start working on myeslf.
I have a friend who sadly succumb in his mental stress and depression long ago and i know everyone is having hard time but still keep it up you can do it FIGHTING !!!
I've got two big things I do.
The first is D&D. Not only does this allow me some escape when I need it, but being a DM in a session-less campaign keeps me accountable to my guys who will come beat me if I disappear too long.
Second, I make sure to keep on contact with people that I know are fellow partners/caretakers of people with mental illnesses. Not only does it help them, but it also helps me remember that I'm not alone in this way too often overlooked aspect of mental illness
The first is D&D. Not only does this allow me some escape when I need it, but being a DM in a session-less campaign keeps me accountable to my guys who will come beat me if I disappear too long.
Second, I make sure to keep on contact with people that I know are fellow partners/caretakers of people with mental illnesses. Not only does it help them, but it also helps me remember that I'm not alone in this way too often overlooked aspect of mental illness
I'm currently in therapy. I go 3 times a week to group therapy and I see my in main therapist once a month. It helps a lot, but sometimes my anxiety and depression still kick in.
Strange as it seems, Torn helps me manage both. Even with all the toxic people and craziness on this game, it's kinda therapeutic playing it
Strange as it seems, Torn helps me manage both. Even with all the toxic people and craziness on this game, it's kinda therapeutic playing it
I try to exercise everyday. Thanks for doing this thread too, such an important topic!
I think this is a great thing you are doing Azonifyer
I try to be aware and work on my mental wellness (almost typed "hellness" XD had to backspace it lol), I work 2 full time jobs so it can be rather difficult for me sometimes to give it my full attention. I play videogames on occasion, recently I've been trying to go for at least 2 walks a week to get some fresh air and exercise, and eating better/more consistently. And I try to reach out to friends or family for some social interaction :) A big thing for me has just been trying to be more aware of when I'm slipping up
I try to be aware and work on my mental wellness (almost typed "hellness" XD had to backspace it lol), I work 2 full time jobs so it can be rather difficult for me sometimes to give it my full attention. I play videogames on occasion, recently I've been trying to go for at least 2 walks a week to get some fresh air and exercise, and eating better/more consistently. And I try to reach out to friends or family for some social interaction :) A big thing for me has just been trying to be more aware of when I'm slipping up
I think this is a wonderful initiative, there is a lot of hurt out there in the world and any small ways we can bring comfort to others is important.
nice thread nice giveways bump and?rated
learning to give myself more credit and celebrate wins in my life
Honestly I'm miserable in rl im currently 20 and I've got no idea what to do with my life sometimes I just feel like taking the easy way out Then I realise that ive got a mother to make proud. Who I just found out that she's not my biological mother but my grandmother.
So yeah life sucks and currently I'm just hanging on by a thread.
So yeah life sucks and currently I'm just hanging on by a thread.
As an in-depth buddhism practice, practice of my mind is always my first priority. Bliss and calm is usually there in my mind. And w[background color=var(--bbc-body-bg-color)]hen your mind is strong enough, then u can effectively lift up the others. [/background]
Everyone, I wish you all wisdom. For only wisdom to see things as it really is then you can accept everything good or bad without dust in ur heart. That’s where blissfulness is.
Be mindfulness, study your mind, your thought, your emotion as it’s not your!!
Everyone, I wish you all wisdom. For only wisdom to see things as it really is then you can accept everything good or bad without dust in ur heart. That’s where blissfulness is.
Be mindfulness, study your mind, your thought, your emotion as it’s not your!!
well, not much but... antidepressants and sleep pills help me keep my head on straight.
I get a decent amount of time to myself so I can spend time on my hobbies, not as much as I'd like but still.
I get a decent amount of time to myself so I can spend time on my hobbies, not as much as I'd like but still.
I sing christmas songs while changing my newborn baby daughter's diapers. It lifts mine and her spirits :)
I do meditation. It's tough to start regularly but over the time you will start enjoying it and it becomes easy.
Make sure you have kept your mobile phone away and you are not traveling outside Torn.
Make sure you have kept your mobile phone away and you are not traveling outside Torn.