Hi all.
It is with a heavy heart that I will be permanently retiring from Torn after being a semi-active member over the last 3 years so I expect some obligatory "Can I has your stuff?" messages.
My mental health has been up and down quite a bit over the last three years and whilst as of late it's been better than previous years, I'm still struggling and do regularly see a psychiatrist for this.
This is not the only reason I'll be retiring from Torn.
For those that care, I am currently learning the C++ scripting language as part of a Bachelor of Software Engineering majoring in Game Design next year. The institute I will be studying with has connections with game companies across the globe as well as Sony Entertainment aka PlayStation and is a verified institute with Unity, a game development software.
I plan to start up my own company upon graduation in 3 years called Plasmatic Games, so do look out for it, as it will be focused on simulation game production, specifically revolving around life simulation.
Torn has, for the most part, been a game I've thoroughly enjoyed. It will be missed but sadly for the sake of my mental health and for the sake of my future to not get distracted by gaming (as I'm a bit of a nerd), I need to depart from gaming in general and focus on physical and mental health positive activities.
So, due to having a wealth of over 300m in Torn, I will be dishing this out before I retire and close my account.
I will randomly select posters so no need to make a fancy post or anything.
I wish you all the best in your future and your life.
God bless.
TL:DR: I'm retiring from Torn permanently due to mental health issues as well as focusing on a game development career pathway.
It is with a heavy heart that I will be permanently retiring from Torn after being a semi-active member over the last 3 years so I expect some obligatory "Can I has your stuff?" messages.
My mental health has been up and down quite a bit over the last three years and whilst as of late it's been better than previous years, I'm still struggling and do regularly see a psychiatrist for this.
This is not the only reason I'll be retiring from Torn.
For those that care, I am currently learning the C++ scripting language as part of a Bachelor of Software Engineering majoring in Game Design next year. The institute I will be studying with has connections with game companies across the globe as well as Sony Entertainment aka PlayStation and is a verified institute with Unity, a game development software.
I plan to start up my own company upon graduation in 3 years called Plasmatic Games, so do look out for it, as it will be focused on simulation game production, specifically revolving around life simulation.
Torn has, for the most part, been a game I've thoroughly enjoyed. It will be missed but sadly for the sake of my mental health and for the sake of my future to not get distracted by gaming (as I'm a bit of a nerd), I need to depart from gaming in general and focus on physical and mental health positive activities.
So, due to having a wealth of over 300m in Torn, I will be dishing this out before I retire and close my account.
I will randomly select posters so no need to make a fancy post or anything.
I wish you all the best in your future and your life.
God bless.
TL:DR: I'm retiring from Torn permanently due to mental health issues as well as focusing on a game development career pathway.