Say i have 25% ammo conservation. 3-5 rate of fire can be calculated into 2.25-3.75.How does these decimal work?Rounding or something else?
How does ammo conservation work?
Started by Priestess [2385206] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 19
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 36 / 100
- Engagement score
- 60 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
· 16 likes ·
The decimals are not saved, although the effect I suppose is the same on average in the long term. Rounding is done stochastically, meaning there is a percentage chance to round up or down depending on the exact decimal. If … - SCHALE [2664981]
· 3 likes ·
I have no solid data, so I might be talking out of my ass, but looking at how Torn works with the faction perks that involve decimals for nerve gain and energy gain from boosters like beer and ecans, I …
I have no solid data, so I might be talking out of my ass, but looking at how Torn works with the faction perks that involve decimals for nerve gain and energy gain from boosters like beer and ecans, I believe it is round down, but the decimals are saved and will be taken into calculation for you next shot. For example, you do 2.25 shots for your first shot, it will show you only consumed 2 shots but the .25 will be remembered by the system. If your next shot rolled 3.75, you still have a remaining .25 from your first shot, so it will show you used 4 shots.
If anyone can prove/disprove me with better data, that would be great.
If anyone can prove/disprove me with better data, that would be great.
believable answer. Just like booster perk :D
The decimals are not saved, although the effect I suppose is the same on average in the long term.
Rounding is done stochastically, meaning there is a percentage chance to round up or down depending on the exact decimal.
If the rate of fire is 2.25, 25% of the time it will round up to 3, and 75% of the time it will round down to 2.
If the rate of fire is 3.75, 75% of the time it will round up to 4, and 25% of the time it will round down to 3.
Rounding is done stochastically, meaning there is a percentage chance to round up or down depending on the exact decimal.
If the rate of fire is 2.25, 25% of the time it will round up to 3, and 75% of the time it will round down to 2.
If the rate of fire is 3.75, 75% of the time it will round up to 4, and 25% of the time it will round down to 3.
Thanks for this info.
thanks for your answer.
It's rounded from my experience of conserve weapons. I have some unusual theory regarding ammo calculation but this probably isn't the place, nor am I a maths wizz.