So I followed a racing guide and breezed thru class E to B. Now in class A, I used up all my points to max upgrade my Honda NSX and I'm consistently getting 5th or 6th place on most tracks. So how do you win in Class A?
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 15
- Likes on archived posts
- 47
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 2
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 26 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 66 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Soph-Cunningham [2115907]
· 15 likes ·
You have to start living yer life a quarter mile ata time. Torn after all, is just a racing game with lots of extra shit to do in between races. *edit Skuuurrrrrttttttt! - Lightor [2215463] Officer
· 7 likes ·
Fully upgraded is 30 points more, get it fully upgraded first then see again if you still struggle
welcome to class A!
[image: media.tenor.com]
now you racin the big boys!
suggest you get a job like a mechanic or cardealer, no? then try doin 100 laps at docks when you go to sleep, soon you will improve!
[image: media.tenor.com]
now you racin the big boys!
suggest you get a job like a mechanic or cardealer, no? then try doin 100 laps at docks when you go to sleep, soon you will improve!
how many points did you use on that honda nsx?
236 pts spent on nsx. I only got the top items in each category.
Fully upgraded is 30 points more, get it fully upgraded first then see again if you still struggle
You have to start living yer life a quarter mile ata time. Torn after all, is just a racing game with lots of extra shit to do in between races.
*edit Skuuurrrrrttttttt!
*edit Skuuurrrrrttttttt!
I upgraded my first NSX into tarmac and avoid any dirt tracks official races, this way I am more consistent to get the racing points to upgrade my other class A cars.
My best advice, and keep in mind this is very much counter to what RD and Baldr (Torn's leading expert in general and torn's best known racing guru) advise, is to start NSX. Your bread and butter will be a Tarmac Tired Short Ratio T3, with your Siera Cosworth for Mudpit (even a near-base siera cos beats out just about anything else on mudpit, using anything else is crazy).
Keep in mind there will be stints where you'll get 4-6 10 or 11 times straight, but at racing skill 5ish I'm consistently getting top 3 finishes on any track that is fully tarmac and a few top 3 finishes on hybrids.
I never did customs, but do that overnight for racing skill. I also never skipped tracks. with an NSX, especially at or near max, you really don't have to, you're competitive on everything but mudpit. I finished my T-SR3 (tarmac-short ratio T3) recently and am about to get my next NSX started, this one for hybrids. RD's 2nd guide can tell you what car per track in A, and iirc T-SR3 was the best for the most.
Stay patient and good luck!
Keep in mind there will be stints where you'll get 4-6 10 or 11 times straight, but at racing skill 5ish I'm consistently getting top 3 finishes on any track that is fully tarmac and a few top 3 finishes on hybrids.
I never did customs, but do that overnight for racing skill. I also never skipped tracks. with an NSX, especially at or near max, you really don't have to, you're competitive on everything but mudpit. I finished my T-SR3 (tarmac-short ratio T3) recently and am about to get my next NSX started, this one for hybrids. RD's 2nd guide can tell you what car per track in A, and iirc T-SR3 was the best for the most.
Stay patient and good luck!
Baldr recommends the NSX though
Same happen to me earlier. Started class A with about RS 5 and hard to win the official races. What I did:
- Bought TCM stocks
- Stopped officials for a moment and just do custom 100 laps docks (day/night). I kept doing this till my RS is close to 10. In between the custom races, once a while I do officials just to try to collect points.
- Max the upgrades on my first class A car (Ferrari), and max the upgrades for Cosworth
- Started again official races (day) and custom 100 laps (night) when my RS is 10
- Keep grinding till you have 266 points for the next class A car
keep grinding ;)
I honestly would advice not to grind only rs when you just made class A. Best is once you are class A to just keep doing officials. The higher your RS the higher and stronger your opponents will be, if you then face a higher rs opponent with more cars afterwards your odds become lower.
I think the problem is you need to have a maxed class A car, plus you're new. Keep at it.
Racing is a grind for sure. Will take LOADS of time to get a full garage. Even then don't expect to be winning every race RNG is a heavy factor.
Work for an 8*+ mechanic. You get free racing points, 75% off parts and if your car crashes, you're wrecked but your car lives (which is the important thing...)
That isn't a fully upgraded car.
Compare your car to this :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P3MCaWSCHtX1zIDlGexaXT2TQIjSWCImxX6eH867l2Y/edit#gid=824991329
You probably want the setup in Column P.
Even with full upgrades, when you just reached A class, you are usually at a disadvantage because almost everyone you race will have full upgrades plus will have higher racing skill with you. But each race does have a very large random factor, which means if you keep racing, you'll get some wins. And even when you don't win, you'll gain more driver skill.
Compare your car to this :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P3MCaWSCHtX1zIDlGexaXT2TQIjSWCImxX6eH867l2Y/edit#gid=824991329
You probably want the setup in Column P.
Even with full upgrades, when you just reached A class, you are usually at a disadvantage because almost everyone you race will have full upgrades plus will have higher racing skill with you. But each race does have a very large random factor, which means if you keep racing, you'll get some wins. And even when you don't win, you'll gain more driver skill.
Did you get the Cosworth as your class B car?
Yup, cosworth was my class b. i still use it in mudpit, still beats out class A cars there.
Anyway, i've now max upgraded my nsx (didnt realize i missed a few upgrades) and my cosworth. Winning class A races occassionally now.
Anyway, i've now max upgraded my nsx (didnt realize i missed a few upgrades) and my cosworth. Winning class A races occassionally now.
Can I be part??
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr