Say a book spawns on your map and you don’t pick it up. What if you wait until it’s available and buy it from the mission shop or get it for a sub gift. Then pick it up. I wonder if the devs thought of that, or if it’s considered yours before picking it up.
Thoughts?
If it appears on your map, it shouldn't appear in the mission shop/sub gift, as you've already gotten it, which is what I'd imagine being the case. Even if not picked up. Given you can only receive that book one time.
Or... I would think that *if* it did appear again and you collect either from the mission store/sub gift, it'd disappear from the map? Interesting question. :D
"as you've already gotten it"
Items on the Map aren't in your Inventory, so they shouldn't count as "yours" (Item count/ Networth) yet.
The question is when a Book is marked as received.
If it's marked as received when it's in your Intentory, another apperance could be possible...
But i don't think anyone tested anything like that since Book spawn in the City are insanel rare.
Yes, I added onto my thoughts, "Or... I would think that *if* it did appear again and you collect either from the mission store/sub gift, it'd disappear from the map? Interesting question. :D".
The likelihood of it even appearing in your mission store would be so slim, given it's pretty rare (imo) to have books show up, lol.
Since Items on the maps don't disapear, you could hold it tforever.
Also, if you got all other Books it has to appear sometime if it's not marked as received yet.
I don't know how the Books are scripted though.
There are different options:
- The Book in the City might disapear if you get it from another source.
- If you can only have one in the inventory, it would disapear upon collecting it.
- You get the Book a second time.
But because of the rare Spawn rates of Books in the City, i still consider it only a thought experiment XD
Yeah, it's hard to say without someone doing it or whatever, but either way, you can only have one of that book! xD So if you were to collect it from your map, it would not actually appear anywhere else. I really just imagine it likely wouldn't appear in the shop/sub if it shows on your map, but if it does, it would likely just disappear from the map if you buy it/get it with the monthly.
Maybe one day the true answer will pop up! :P
If a crappy book spawns on my map, I’m gonna leave it there.
Even if I can’t use it twice I’d like to have two of the same books in my display just for the lols
You can also try not buying the book in mission store if you are close to 1st day of the month and you are sub. Same logic, book in mission store is not "yours", so maybe you can get same book in monthly drops.
IMO, there is some system to prevent bkth cases, so if book appears somewhere you cant get it anywhere else.
Probably, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if these kind of edge cases get overlooked
These people had more than one copy of a book in their display cases in November, and probably still do. I do not know how they got multiple copies.
| NumID | playername | age | Item ID | Item Name | Item Type | Quantity |
|---|
| 430277 | Violience | 5777 | 776 | Book : Because I'm Happy - The Pharrell Story | Book | 3 |
| 824921 | mbncd | 5369 | 767 | Book : Smuggling For Beginners | Book | 2 |
| 824921 | mbncd | 5369 | 783 | Book : Yes Please Diabetes | Book | 2 |
| 1199477 | Ragnfrior | 4989 | 765 | Book : No More Soap On A Rope | Book | 2 |
| 1959305 | Hasty_Brook | 2646 | 783 | Book : Yes Please Diabetes | Book | 2 |