Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

2fa reinforcement

Started by MrJohnnyTorrio [88497] on in Suggestions.

5 replies · 42 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
14 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
38 / 100
MrJohnnyTorrio [88497]
Add a paid for link to a password manager Torn likes and signing up gets the player something nice. A one-off, but make it decent. It just might help persuade a few more 10s of thousands of people to further secure their accounts, making the mods life easier.

I only suggest cause I bought a subscription to a password manager after reading the newspaper article on 2fa and thought - I used to get perks for clicking links and giving other people my money. What happened to that?
python [1009878]
And if torns supported password manager offering benefits gets breached it'd make torn partially liable as without those benefits people may not of chosen that one
RmB [2632539]
I doubt Torn and Ched would want the implied association if the password manager had an issue like Lastpass just did. They have recommended using one, but not any specific company and should leave that up to the user.
Tsume [195620]
Account security is your own responsibility not torns or any other.

Up to you if you want to use password manager, duh. It's recommended but up to you.

If I were ched, those hacked accounts I wouldn't credit them back whatever they lost due to a hack. It's their own fault.