Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

$1 lock

Started by ChillySpunc [1905415] on in General Discussion.

9 replies · 694 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

The-Spread [2808497] ×1

ChillySpunc [1905415]
So, I've just realised that I've had a can of rockstar rudolph in my bazaar for 3 months and it got me wondering, with the new $1 system what's the longest you've gone with an item not being bought?

Personally I think the system is great, although it'd be awesome if you could edit it to specific items or price ranges.

17:14:25 - 10/11/22 You listed 1x Can of Rockstar Rudolph on your bazaar for $1 each
ChillySpunc [1905415]
Really? I thought the system picked a few thousand active players? Surely at some point over the span of a few months one of those few thousand people would check the item market for cans?
Taxxon [882264]
1$ Items dont pop up on the public bazaar list as far as I am aware. I've personally never seen any, I have to manually search through bazaars.

Edit: Just confirmed 1$ items do not appear in public listings.
ChillySpunc [1905415]
That sucks, they used to. Doesn't seem like it'd be much work to show a bazaar where you can buy something for $1 and then if you can't show the other cheapest bazaars.

Guess it was done to stop people spamming the item market during dollar sales.
xanakin [2669088]
The 420 sale is awesome. Can attest. 10/10 would recommend

The $1 system should have no effect on the 420 sale because it only applies when items are $1. Basically, if something is listed at $1, only a random select group of people can buy that specific item from a specific bazaar. Everyone else will see a “lock” icon and cannot purchase the item. It was instituted after the Black Friday sale period 2 years ago where no one could really buy anything because a few people hoarded everything.