So this is something that's been rattling around in my head for a while now and I figured I may as well post it up in here with a view to getting everyone else's sentiments about it and maybe some input from the admin team.
As most of us know, the way factions work in TORN mean that no faction can have more than 100 members but obviously there are factions with more than 100 members which leads to the necessity for sub-factions to expand influence and, y'know; play the game. That's all well and good, I haven't got any qualms with the mechanics behinds faction member-counts or looking to change the fundamentals but I have to ask:
Why is there not a function which allows factions to set up a group chat with their respective sub-factions?
I know many of us use discord to talk to our factionmates in our various satellites but some players do not want to use discord and will only get to know a maximum of 100 people in their faction, which could be one of five other factions flying the same banner. This can make communication quite challenging having to bounce back and forth between mediums to check on people from a leadership point of view and from the perspective of a rank and file member? Unless they use discord, there's a chance they won't interact with their wider faction. If a one sub-faction primarily uses discord, their in-game chat may appear to be a ghost town to a new recruit who isn't any the wiser.
Adding something which allows factions to establish group chats between their other factions would give people more of a reason to use the in-game chat. Hypothetically it would mean a player from NS2 could reach out to someone in NS4 with more ease when using the game platform rather than a third-party platform.
If there's a concern about adding something like this causing an excessive amount of data being used causing the game to lag; surely there is a way around that? If not by all means I'd like to understand the how and why behind it.So I'm just spitballing now but could they be temporary or time-constrained if a faction is planning to work with all their satelites involved- or maybe just one or two of them. These chats don't necessarily need to be constantly operational like the main faction chat, perhaps it could be something that is available on a rotational basis to reduce strain on the servers? I'm not really well-versed in the server side administrative needs so I might be way off with the potential for there being something along these lines in place for the players who prefer to only use the game to talk to each other and facilitate better lines of communication between sub-factions.
Someone did just mention to me something about "chats 2.0" - Is this a thing which has already been brought up before? I wouldn't be surprised but all the same I'd like to hear about it if it is something that is being worked on.
Anyway that's my piece said, have a good Sunday friendos :)
As most of us know, the way factions work in TORN mean that no faction can have more than 100 members but obviously there are factions with more than 100 members which leads to the necessity for sub-factions to expand influence and, y'know; play the game. That's all well and good, I haven't got any qualms with the mechanics behinds faction member-counts or looking to change the fundamentals but I have to ask:
Why is there not a function which allows factions to set up a group chat with their respective sub-factions?
I know many of us use discord to talk to our factionmates in our various satellites but some players do not want to use discord and will only get to know a maximum of 100 people in their faction, which could be one of five other factions flying the same banner. This can make communication quite challenging having to bounce back and forth between mediums to check on people from a leadership point of view and from the perspective of a rank and file member? Unless they use discord, there's a chance they won't interact with their wider faction. If a one sub-faction primarily uses discord, their in-game chat may appear to be a ghost town to a new recruit who isn't any the wiser.
Adding something which allows factions to establish group chats between their other factions would give people more of a reason to use the in-game chat. Hypothetically it would mean a player from NS2 could reach out to someone in NS4 with more ease when using the game platform rather than a third-party platform.
If there's a concern about adding something like this causing an excessive amount of data being used causing the game to lag; surely there is a way around that? If not by all means I'd like to understand the how and why behind it.So I'm just spitballing now but could they be temporary or time-constrained if a faction is planning to work with all their satelites involved- or maybe just one or two of them. These chats don't necessarily need to be constantly operational like the main faction chat, perhaps it could be something that is available on a rotational basis to reduce strain on the servers? I'm not really well-versed in the server side administrative needs so I might be way off with the potential for there being something along these lines in place for the players who prefer to only use the game to talk to each other and facilitate better lines of communication between sub-factions.
Someone did just mention to me something about "chats 2.0" - Is this a thing which has already been brought up before? I wouldn't be surprised but all the same I'd like to hear about it if it is something that is being worked on.
Anyway that's my piece said, have a good Sunday friendos :)