Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stuck on Checking your browser

Started by KaasChuig [2086278] on in Bugs & Issues.

9 replies · 169 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
12
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
55 / 100

Most-liked replies

KaasChuig [2086278]
I normally use Opera GX, but right now I'm back to Google Chrome to send this message.

A few hours ago I got home and got the message:



Checking your browser before accessing www.torn.com.



This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.
Please allow up to 5 seconds...





I originally thought maybe it would fix itself, but it's been maybe 3 or 4 hours. I've tried incognito mode, I've tried completely clearing my history (I guess that includes cache, not sure) and I'm still getting it.


Not sure if this is my version as it uses the word "core" instead but I think version is (core: 96.0.4693.127)
cRuci4L [1504957]
Same for me. I'm on newest version of Chrome. I have did full browser reset and have also tried incognito mode. Other browsers on the PC work fine and chrome on mobile works.

I had left browser open and logged in to Torn yesterday while I was out in town. When I came back I was stuck in the same loop as you are.
THCBlueberry [123265]
Have the same issue on opera, latest version, but working on firefox.
Was fine when i went to bed last hight but this morning just stuck on checking browser.
Cleared cache and disabled all extensions and user scripts, no change.
THCBlueberry [123265]
That did not work for me, but thanks cRuci4l

It worked, thanks cRuci4l. It was already enabled so dissabled and re enabled but did not work, tried it again after seeing it worked for NORML too and then it did, thanks NORML ;)
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Please try clearing site data for Torn from within the browser settings, that should resolve the issue.

Thanks!
dunmugmeh [538353]
This is a serious issue for players who use old laptops/pcs.

I had big issues with this when using my windows vista laptop. Changing browsers can fix it. I found another browser and it fixed it for a few months then the problem returned. Mypal browser worked for a few months.

I find it odd that we need to have a 'super computer' to play a text browser game, quite odd indeed....

Anyway i have a newer notebook now and everything is fine at the moment.

A lot of people dont regulary upgrade their pcs.