Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Issues with chats

Started by Britbird [2782552] on in Bugs & Issues.

2 replies · 32 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
35 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

ROD56 [2561793] ×1 Sammy_The_Cow [2888541] ×1

Britbird [2782552]
Over the past month or so I have had an issue with chats. I sudddenly can't message certain people - the issue lasts a few days and has happened with several different people, all within my faction. I have tested on mobile and PC - in Edge, Chrome and Kiwi and it is the same issue on each.

I click on the name of the person and then the chat icon (I have tried from their profile, search, clicking on their name in faction chat and through people)
Nothing happens when I click on the chat icon.
If I reach out to people via DM it is fine.
They then try to chat message me and I don't get it

I have done a video so you can see I am clicking and nothing is happening but not sure how to share it here.

2 people I currently have the issue with:

https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2888541
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=2561793

Thanks!

Mentions: ROD56 [2561793] · Sammy_The_Cow [2888541]

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
This happens if you left the chat window open an another idle device/browser. You need to open the idle device, close or minimize the window and you should be able to access the chat on your mobile. Alternatively, you can locate the person under Recent list and click the cross next to their name to clear them from the Recent list, this force closes the chat window on all idle/open devices.

[image: i.imgur.com]

The issue will be addressed in Chat rework which is currently under development.

Thanks..!!