Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Comments on Display Case Items

Started by ChickenSnowcone [2895040] on in Suggestions.

2 replies · 125 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
32
Authority score
26 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
46 / 100
ChickenSnowcone [2895040]
Similar to how you can add comments to your profile pictures, it might be nice for some to be able to put comments on items in the display case.

"Gift from so and so", "My first whatever", "I spun the wheel and all I got was this lousy shirt", "My pron collection", etc.

Even with a cap of 60 characters or whatever fits, and no need to re-write the page to allow unstacked single items, whatever's easy.

This would be a fun way to add some uniqueness and share WHY an item is special to you for those that come to take a look.

Sorry devs, but to be real, what's the purpose of a display case without being able to share WHY you have that stuff in there?

Something like this...

[image: chickensnowcone.com]
JamieMadrox [1547339]
I would love this. I have my first torn gift, and a gift from a friend who passed away in my display. It looks like a random axe and energy can but i know the significance. Everything i have were gifts.
Preach [1364273]
I am big time in the corner of and in favor for this suggestion. Most, almost every item that has ever made it to my display has some sentimental or gift or significant reason to be there in the first place. After 13.5 years, many items like that, some even duplicate of an item...example being a medal of honor that someone gifted to me, I have trouble at times remembering where or why a certain thing became what it did to me and ended up there. Breaks my heart and makes me feel it must not have been as important to me as I originally thought to lead to putting it in there all that time ago. This would not only remove all of them egatives that happen at times, but would also add more of a special significance to each one like a plaque on the trophy it was to begin with.

Rambling rant over, hope it made sense lol :-)>