Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reviving or Fighting?

Started by Drago20 [2314940] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 292 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
13
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Drago20 [2314940]
Honestly, I am really stuck between the two which are different paths. Reviving will cost e for revivies and fighting will cost e in training and fighting. I am looking for anyone who can help me make a choice. Cause I am looking for the option which gives me the most money. I am not exactly sure what are the benefits of either pkaystyle and how much can they earn.
RAPY [2111189]
If it's pure money then short term, reviving is going to get you more money. Long term, it's definitely battle stats that will give you more money.

In the end, you should pick a playstyle that you find interesting and fun. If you want to try and be a reviver, be a reviver.. if you think fighting is more interesting, be a fighter!
4Am [2318684]
This may be bad advice idk

But if you’re stuck between choosing. I would maybe go for stats and fighting. Stats take a very long time to get so if you work on your stats for the next 3 years (or less) you can always flip to being a reviver ?

I’m not even able to revive but it takes what ? 2 months to hit 100% reviving skill. VS how many years it’s gonna take you to get decent stats ? This way you’ll atleast have stats too.


Just my 2¢. Maybe someone else will have better input as to why this isn’t a good idea.
Drago20 [2314940]
Cause I am not even fully sure how revivers make their money with all the free revives I see ppl give and for fighting it costs a lot to spend on battle stats so idk how u get that money back. Cause I like both but I just don't know how feasible they are. It's like I would love to just super stats and get all the gear I can use and fight but getting to that point seems to dry my bank account fast with the edvds and Xanax and points usage. While reviving is just a pain where ppl give free revives and I'm not sure u find customers, or even that they need it cause they med out. I have low stats and low revive skill but I have 60smth usagble funs cause bank (I have to wait 50days cause I set it too long) and education stock. I just don't know how feasible it is, I don't want to end up broke cause I will have to go back to doing losses(which is actually not bad but it's kinda a waste)
GalacticShrimp [2802829] Reporter
It really depends on what you want. You can make good money both ways.

If you war you can get unlucky when the enemy faction has now/very few targets for you to hit. For wars you also need to be active.

If you revive you search for customers or use faction contracts. You can make good money and it's a lot more relaxed than warring. The freevives are usually to get the skill up, you will earn most of the money reviving for contracts or when people ask you for multiple revives for their war/clearing their bounties.

I chose personally reviving, since I can make money each week without the stress of warring all the time. I also never run out of Xanax xD
JackKelly [2271177]
It sounds like what you really need is advice on how to make some more money, so you can choose which path you enjoy more, instead of which one will cost less.
BrandyQHQ [2899416]
For myself I'm new, under 30 days but from the get go I got myself in a reviving faction found out you can get the revive skill in a few months if you had 0 work stats. From there get the skill to level 100 which takes a bit more time. If you're in a reviving faction you get to do revives for 25e and depending on the faction you get contracts to do revives for about 1mill per revive. Depending on how active you are and how much xanax you take a day, that can amount to a lot of money.

If you're short on finding paid revives, use your energy on gym gains. Within the first year of you doing it you should have billions if you do it right from what i've read.

If you still want to war, join a revive faction that does some warring.

If you later want to do full war, use your revive money gains to do happy jumps like crazy and get your stats better and then get into a top warring faction. Look at perks, people, etc. Make sure you also look at their reputation, no good going to a faction that might scam you out of money they said they'd pay you.

Remember that you get merits for being in a faction long term. Try to make a good decision so you can stay in one place.

Reviving money to battle stat gains with that seems the best approach to me but I could be wrong.
ThunderBlitz [2684774]
Fighting is more beneficial for you. Reviving is more beneficial for others. That's pretty much the crux as far as I'm aware.

I've got the brain surgeon perk myself but, at 75 energy (base cost) it's just not worth starting until I'm in a fully-loaded revive faction (which may never happen).

If they reduce the ridiculous base cost of it (as they did with attacking) and add some more benefits to revivers, it might start to be a bit more attractive, especially to newer players.
Ar53_Hol [2430424]
The cost of training drops significantly once you get past 400k in each stat as you no longer need the edvds.


Get yourself into a faction, rent a pi and get training. Rw factions can help with your balance and wars are fun when you have some stats and can hit a few targets, they can be really profitable too.


I love attacking, I can also revive but only do the odd one when I’m bored but with a low skill and high cost there’s no money in it.


When I’m not warring I also do merc hits at 2.5m a go which also requires stats to do. Battle stats might be expensive but they definitely pay to have
Lightor [2215463] Officer Officer
Just to clear up a bit on how revivers make money. It was already touched upon a bit but maybe it'll help you make a decision.

Either you go the individual route, finding customers through trade chat, posts, generally offering your services and negotiate your own pay. Most freevives people receive are revivers boosting their skill, hoping for some freebies and/or simply trying to stay up in the reviver HoF.

Then you also have the faction contract route, participating in contracts your faction offers that they have taken from people or other factions. Of course you'll need to find a faction that can offer that but any revive faction worth their salt has contract offers. The pay here is usually determined by your faction and you need to stick to the conditions given.

Nothing would keep you from doing both too.

Overall I agree with the sentiment above, short term there is a lot of money to be had reviving, long term your battlestats will be able to rake you in mountains of cash.
DaDood [2204689]
Why not do both? Some revive factions also war.

Medic!! is a reviving and warring faction. We do one ranked war per month (Platinum rank) and get revive contracts the other weeks.
Almost all contracts are Thursday-Sunday, so we train Sunday-Thursday.

Contrary to what some say, there are plenty of opportunities to get paid for revives in ranked wars at low revive skill. Some contracts are to get targets in the other faction out of hospital, so lower skill (less life) is better for that.

In either case, the amount of money you make depends upon how active you are. You can't make hits or revive if you are not active.
exca314 [1969256]
Lower skill (and less life) when reviving opponents is better - for the clients. Lower skill also means you won't be able to do as many revs before your chance to revive the opponent is too low to be worth trying, so making money with these revives still tends to be easier with high skill, unless the client is specifically paying for low skilled revivers.

^^ Definitely agreed that how much you make depends on how active you are.

I personally think that selling individual revives (if you're able to manage them) to players, small rw factions, etc. is a more stable source of income than faction contracts. Others may have different experiences, and as Lightor said, you can try for both if needed.
Drago20 [2314940]
I think I have decided, I am gonna be doing RW and stat gaining as a priority. Mostly cause I do believe rn reviving would finacially benefit me more but grinding stats and fighting seems to be more fun and i like progression in combat. While I do kinda fear I will go bankrupt, im kinda like well sucks to be me, time to do losses/flying. But why not it seems fun.